Dilico Christmas Wish CampaignDilico Anishinabek Family Care Gift Bags. Call our Elf Line 345-3763 to pick up your gift bag today.
Click here for details
One of Thunder Bay’s two MPs is getting ready to hit the road to give his riding a chance to talk about how the federal government is spending their tax dollars.
MP Bruce Hyer (NDP, Thunder Bay – Superior North) is holding a series of town hall meetings around the region to listen to concerns in the lead up to the 2012 federal budget.
Hyer said he is very concerned about the tax shift off of corporations, and is very interested in what his constituents have to say.
Hyer has held these town hall meetings before, but that was during a minority government.
He said even with a majority Conservative-led federal government, there are ways to have your voice heard in Ottawa.
Listed below is the current scheduled town hall meetings for the region:
• Thunder Bay: with Official Opposition Finance Critic Peter Julian, MP and John Rafferty, MP -- Friday Feb. 10, from 7:30 to 9 p.m. at the Prince Arthur Hotel (Betrand Room), 17 Cumberland St North
• Marathon: Tuesday Feb. 21 from 7 to 9 p.m. at the Zero-100 Motor Inn (Conference Room), 37 Peninsula Road
• Nipigon: Wednesday Feb. 22 from 7 to 9 p.m. and the Nipigon Curling Club, Wadsworth Drive (next to arena).
• Greenstone:Thursday March 1, from 7 to 9 p.m. at the Royal Canadian Legion, Branch 133, 522 Main St. Geralton
• Terrace Bay-Schreiber: Friday March 2 from 7 to 9 p.m. at the Terrace Bay Recreation Centre, 1 Selkirk Ave.
In addition, a Small Business Roundtable will be held, open to local small businesspeople. An RSVP is requested:
Click here to submit a letter to the editor.
Small Business Roundtable with Official Opposition Finance Critic MP Peter Julian and MP John Rafferty on Friday Feb. 10, from 5:30 to 7 p.m. at the Prince Arthur Hotel (Salon E), 17 Cumberland St North.