Skyscraper-newswatch (except CFNO)

Signature - McCullough

Sign/Anishnawbe Mushkiki

Sky - City Fire Pre #5

Big Box / Belluz Farms

Do you believe Ontario’s Ring of Fire Development Corporation is a positive step for the province’s mining sector?

2012-03-30 at 15:48

Worst roads campaign kicks into gear

By tbnewswatch.com
ENERGY 103 104WIN free Tickets with One Man’s Treasure Free Tickets Fridays at 8:20am with Kaile Jaggard on Your Station for 80’s 90s and Now! Energy 103 104 Click Here!

After an 18 month hiatus, CAA's annual Worst Roads campaign is back in gear.

Since 2003, Ontarians had been casting their votes late in the summer for the province's worst road.  But this year, CAA officials are accepting nominations in the springtime, when many roadways are at their worst.  Campaign spokesperson Korey Kennedy calls it a fun campaign with a very serious goal to get repairs done to decaying infrastructure.  It's a job he said that shouldn't be the responsibility of local governments alone. Kennedy notes 90per cent of the roads nominated since the campaign's inception have been either repaired, or are currently slated for repair.

Thunder Bay's Onion Lake Road, which came in at number 12 on the Worst Roads list back in 2010, is scheduled to be repaired next year.  Residents can vote until April 24 on the worst roads website or at any CAA Travel Agency.

Banner/Vector Construction

Comments

HML says:
For Thunder Bay the answer is............... All of them.....
3/30/2012 4:21:23 PM
vimeo says:
Worst road ever? Easy answer:

The Leaf's road to the Cup.
3/30/2012 4:25:56 PM
ring of fire dude says:
vimeo , you must be a Sens fan . Enjoy it while it lasts , about 1 round .
3/30/2012 7:01:26 PM
tiredofit says:
ROFLMAO... now that's the best thing I've heard all day...
3/30/2012 8:28:55 PM
ring of fire dude says:
How about "worst crime campaign" ? Oh right ....McLeans already has that .
3/30/2012 4:51:03 PM
Mazda323 says:
where do I start??
3/30/2012 5:03:44 PM
feduptaxpayer#1 says:
I nominate...ALL OF THEM!
3/30/2012 5:27:40 PM
City In Decline says:
I see the roads in this city and immediately think "one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind" ;-)
3/30/2012 5:34:03 PM
jimmyboy says:
Thunder Bay is a shoe-in to place high in this contest...the biggest problem will be picking which one is the worst..I'll say Carl Avenue and Golf Links get my votes.
3/30/2012 5:35:00 PM
unknowncronic says:
Pretty well EVERY ROAD here in town needs some type of repair.
3/30/2012 6:00:07 PM
LakeJump says:
Fortune Street! Not a very heavily used road - leads past Central Auto Parts to Nadin Construction and the Canine Development Club. Talk about pot holes! Yikes - there are pot craters on this street!
3/30/2012 8:05:11 PM
tsb says:
My block has had a water main break every year for four years now. It is like a quilt. We can has new road surface, please?
3/30/2012 8:16:51 PM
wayne says:
LOL vimeo! thanks for the chuckle
3/30/2012 9:18:14 PM
Mazda323 says:
where do I start??
3/30/2012 9:35:16 PM
wayne says:
When Hobbs first got into office, his campaign manager, his son, said on behalf of his father that there is no need for increasing infrastructure dollars into maintaining/repairing city roads in the budget because we have the best roads amongst NW Ont. municipalities.
3/30/2012 10:32:42 PM
dj21d says:
My votes Kingston st, or Onion lake rd. Has anybody driven to paintball encounters? There is 14(this is a few years old) rough road signs within a 1/2 mile stretch! I really don't think golf links is that bad.
3/31/2012 12:43:19 AM
Joey Joe Joe Jr. Shabadoo says:
I'd say both directions of 11/17 near Thunder Bay is the worst road.
We need to 4 or 6-lane the ONLY main road thru Canada to where were proud of it!
3/31/2012 8:47:42 AM
Delbert Grady says:
the worst road is the one that leads into this city.

the best one is the one that leaves.

rough asphalt I can handle. Misuse of tax dollars, I cant.
3/31/2012 9:07:33 AM
ring of fire dude says:
I would bet that the list of good roads is a lot shorter than the list of bad roads .
3/31/2012 11:41:32 AM
jimmyboy says:
@wayne....even more reason to not have voted for Hobbs in if in fact what you posted is fact.!

Without doubt he'll be a one time mayor pending his associations with other individuals in Thunder Bay do not continue to get him into more controversial subject matters.
3/31/2012 11:42:25 AM
countryboy123 says:
Just a thought. If I'm not mistaken you can go to the City website and be linked to the Roads Department. Complaints about potholes etc. can be left there. They fix the ones with the most complaints first, so perhaps those who posted complaints could try there?
3/31/2012 3:02:39 PM
collie says:
Falls into same as Highest Crime per capita place! Not something I would be proud to boast of my hometown!
3/31/2012 5:20:24 PM
Ed itw says:
Carl Ave.
3/31/2012 8:15:54 PM
wayne says:
jimmyboy, I do not hate Hobbs, and I did not vote for him, but I do dislike his false promises he made during his campaign for mayor. also, remember when he said some guy in edmonton threatened his life? and then hobbs downplayed it to the guy threatened him with bodily injury (kicking his a**)? seriously? someone a few provinces west posed a threat? there were a couple of regular posters who came to his defense who may be his offspring. just sayin'(I know this is off topic, but the road to 500 donald st. east is full of potholes)

4/1/2012 5:50:07 AM
The Badger Mountain Hermit says:
That stretch of CONCRETE roadway just off Victoria Ave. has stood up extremely well, even tho' it's been there for more than 30 years now. How long was this particular road surfacing study supposed to take, eh, Mr. Sunshine-City Engineer? Let me pronounce it a SUCCESS. Now, where do I go for my $10,000 city hall payment, to reward me for your enlightenment?
4/1/2012 10:32:04 AM
figh as huck says:
Concrete ALL backlanes like in Winnipeg
4/1/2012 3:34:19 PM
The Badger Mountain Hermit says:
Guess what big local construction company won't allow concrete to happen? And I do use the word "won't".
4/2/2012 1:16:49 PM
Arch Stanton says:
Sad but true:

The Winner of the Worst T-Bay Road in 2005 has still only had occassional dollops of asphalt since then......

I think the City works on a battle of attrition... eventually people will give up complaining way before the City gets off it ***!

4/2/2012 11:04:07 AM
youngintbay says:
are you kidding me concrete? do you know how exspensive that is? Get these city engineers testing the asphalt as soon as it comes off the trcuk and have a guy be at the asphalt plant making sure they make the right material. then the asphalt will last awhile. True story
4/2/2012 11:59:15 AM
wayne says:
concrete roads are way too expensive, take 3 times or more longer to install, but are fine for roads less travelled.
4/2/2012 3:57:18 PM