2012-12-21 at 14:49
Norovirus confirmed after 85 become ill following catered events
Brake Repairs! Front Ends! Mufflers! Shocks!Not just mufflers - MINUTE MUFFLER, 677 Memorial Avenue. Open Monday-Saturday. Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgClick here for details.
THUNDER BAY -- The district's Health Unit has confirmed that a recently reported illness was caused by the Norovirus.
The Thunder Bay District Health Unit began investigating after 85 people reported becoming ill following three catered events in the city late last week.
Food for the events was supplied by Maltese Grocery, which immediately suspended its catering service upon hearing they could be linked to the problem.
But now that the problem has been identified, catering operations will resume.
Health Unit officials say they believe all necessary steps have ben taken to guard against any re-occurrence.
Click here to submit a letter to the editor.
(Thunder Bay Television)
Click here to report a typo or error