2013-08-19 at 11:32
Fire snuffed out
Fire fighters put out a van on fire Monday morning.
Brake Repairs! Front Ends! Mufflers! Shocks!Not just mufflers - MINUTE MUFFLER, 677 Memorial Avenue. Open Monday-Saturday. Email: email@example.comClick here for details
Emergency crews acted quickly to put out a van on fire Monday morning.
The van caught fire in the parking lot of the Canadian Tire at the Thunder Centre just after 9 a.m.
"It was close to the building," said Thunder Bay Fire and Rescue district chief Eric Stadey. "There were other vehicles parked close to it."
Police arrived first and started moving vehicles away from it before firefighters put out the blaze that appeared to be in the engine. While the scene caused several onlookers to take videos and pictures, Stadey said car fires aren't uncommon.
"It happens more often than you think," he said.
No injuries were reported as a result of the fire, and the investigation continues.
Video supplied ...
Click here to submit a letter to the editor.
Click here to report a typo or error