2014-01-15 at 11:10
Investigation into Mountain Road house fire continues
Be Bob's Friend: Join our FacebookEverything is COZIER, WARMER, SEXIER, with a fireplace. Stylish Luxury meets functional heating at Bob's Intelligent Heating DecorClick Here
A Monday afternoon house fire on Mountain Road remains under investigation, but firefighters say there’s no reason to label the blaze suspicious.
The fire started at around 4 p.m. and the home was completely gutted. Thunder Bay Fire Rescue’s fire prevention officer Eric Nordlund said the fire is believed to have started around a wood stove, or in the chimney coming out of the stove.
The house was under construction at the time, and the wood stove may have been used to provide heat for the people working inside.
There were no injuries as a result of the fire.
The owner of the home was reportedly out of the city when the fire occurred.
(Thunder Bay Television)
Click here to submit a letter to the editor.
Click here to report a typo or error