Current Weather
-2.7°C Cloudy W 3 km/h
Full Forecast
Tbnewswatch Local News
Wednesday April 1 2015
12:40 AM EDT
2014-02-01 at 16:23

Two pets killed in house fire, residents uninjured

A Saturday morning Ogden Street house fire was contained to a second storey bedroom but two pets died as a result.
Matt Vis, tbnewswatch.com
A Saturday morning Ogden Street house fire was contained to a second storey bedroom but two pets died as a result.
By tbnewswatch.com

While there were no injuries to people inside, two pets are dead following an East End house fire.

Thunder Bay Fire Rescue responded to reports of a house fire on Ogden Street at 10:50 a.m. on Saturday morning where they found smoke emerging from a second storey window.

Fire crews entered the house and were able to contain the fire to a bedroom and extinguish the flames.

All of the occupants were able to safely evacuate from the house but two pets did not survive.

There was some smoke and heat damage to the rest of the second floor and fire officials believe the fire started as a result of a burning candle.


Click here to submit a letter to the editor.

Click here to report a typo or error

Tbnewswatch.com(0)

Comments

We've improved our comment system.
Comments for this story are unavailable. Read our comment guideline.

Events