Badanai

Signature Ad

Signature Ad

Sign/Anishnawbe Mushkiki

Skyscraper/Ontario Nature

B-Box - HAGI

News
Click here to see more
Subscribe
Community Calendar
Click here for full listings.
Poll
The city is considering a request that it waive taxes on the Confederation College residences. Would you support such a move?


Total Votes: 102
View Results Past Polls
User Submitted Photo Gallery
Submit Your Own Photos
2014-03-12 at 9:00 AM

Overheating laptop likely culprit in Ryerson Crescent house fire

By tbnewswatch.com
ENERGY 103 104Enter your Birthday Greeting here and Win a DQ frozen Birthday cake from Dairy Queen! Only on Your Station for 80’s 90’s and Now Energy 103 104 Click Here!

Investigators say last week’s Ryerson Crescent House fire was likely caused by an overheated laptop.

Firefighters with Thunder Bay Fire Rescue responded to the blaze in the 400 block of Ryerson Crescent last Wednesday.

Thunder Bay Fire Rescue Capt. Eric Nordlund said it was originally thought to be a chimney fire. But further investigation revealed that the likely culprit was an overheating laptop on a couch.

The fire caused substantial damage to the roof and interior of the home.

As a result of the investigation, fire investigators are now reminding the public to unplug any electronics when leaving home.

(CKPR Radio)

Click here to submit a letter to the editor.

Click here to report a typo or error

Tbnewswatch.com(0)

Banner/Vector Construction

Comments

We've improved our comment system.
Comments for this story are unavailable. Read our comment guideline.