Tbnewswatch
Tbnewswatch Local News
Friday July 3 2015
6:02 PM EDT
2014-04-22 at 14:51

Two found dead

Thunder Bay Television
By Jodi Lundmark, tbnewswatch.com

NIPIGON, Ont. -- Two people are dead from carbon monoxide poisoning in a Nipigon home.

OPP Staff Sgt. Randy Bye said officers responded to a call to assist paramedics around 3 p.m. Monday. Two adults, a man and woman, were found dead.

Officials say Yvan Gaujean, 60, and Claire Limag-Gaujean, 45, both of Nipigon, have been identified as the victims.An eight-year-old survivor was also found in the home. The young boy was transported to the hospital.

Bye said the coroner's office, the fire marshal's office and the OPP's crime unit are actively investigating.

The source of the carbon monoxide isn't known yet and Bye said the coroner is still holding the scene.

"Once the scene is released by both the coroner and the fire marshal, then we're going to go in there and examine where the source is from," he said in a telephone interview with CKPR Radio Tuesday afternoon.


Click here to submit a letter to the editor.

Click here to report a typo or error

Tbnewswatch.com(0)

Comments

We've improved our comment system.
Comments for this story are unavailable. Read our comment guideline.

Events