Mk/Sky/Inside Ride Camp Quality

Sign -Driving Miss Daisy

Marlin Travel

Badanai

Big Box

Opinion

Do you view the municipal election as a de facto plebescite on the event centre?

2012-05-29 at 15:59

Letter: Shutdown city during state of emergency

Nicle Boyer Davis, Thunder Bay
ENERGY 103 104Play Minute to Win it at 7:20 weekdays mornings with Kaile Jaggard and WIN! on your station for 80’s 90’s and Now…Energy 103 104 Click Here!

I think that if the City of Thunder Bay calls a state of emergency then the majority of the city should have to shutdown to lower the consumption of water.

There is a much higher volume of water usage in restaurants, schools, car washes and other businesses and public services than there is in our home.

I hope they can get the situation under control soon. My thoughts are with everyone who is really experiencing the severity of this situation.

Nicle Boyer Davis,
Thunder Bay

Banner/Vector Construction

Comments

beached says:
Who will pay for everything when everyone is broke
5/29/2012 8:59:37 PM
nicole boyer davis says:
I Don't Think It Would Have To Go To That Extreme, But I Did'nt Say Shut Down The Whole City But That Majority Of The City Should Have To Shut Down In A State Of Emergency. I Was Talkin With A Good Friend This Morning & I Wanted To Get Her Opinion On The Comment I Had Made & She Had A Very Good Idea. Thunder Bay Declared A State Of Emergency So I Thought To Myself, "Oh My God This Is Really Serious". I Expected That More Actions Would Have Taken Place Because It Was Serious. It Was Serious For The People Being Affected By It, So I Should'nt Flush My Toilet But I Can Get A Car Wash????? People Who Were Not Affected Had No Idea The Severety Of It. Anyways Back To My Friend, She Said, " Where Do You Draw The Line, Who Has To Shut Down & Who Does'nt??" The Idea She Had Was To Use The Odd & Even Number System For Homes & Buisnesses To Shut Down & Alternate Every Other Day, That Way It's Fair To Everyone. So Today You Have To Go To Wal-Mart & Tomorrow Superstore. Just A Thought!!
6/4/2012 1:08:12 PM
Gord says:
So, your solution is to cost private business a bunch of money??
5/29/2012 9:11:24 PM
peas08 says:
I agree. All schools and non essential services should not be open. These are times when we could be helping our neighbours, families and friends. Time and time again snowstorms etc cause our schools to close but still we insist on sending the parents of those children to work in unsafe conditions. It is time for this to change.
5/29/2012 11:27:59 PM
gabby cross says:
Hello from GABBY'S SPUDZ AND MORE...
We ARE in fact using water to clean our hands and also to clean and disinfect our surfaces before and after handling money and also whilst we make our 80 coney dogs yesterday and again today and run to the East End for the flood victims...we are NOT running any water down the drains..we are using buckets and taking them to the yard. FYI "rootbear" the health department knows.We have permission to sell FRIES.We also had to open as we closed Mon and Tues and we are a small buisness trying to do our best in the community and with our family...Looking forward to meeting you (rootbear) as I hope you will be a future customer, or better yet, I'm looking for help putting together another donation tmrw, stop in around noon if you can help out here!!
God Bless The City Of Thunder Bay!!!
5/31/2012 2:18:21 PM
panzerIV says:
I'm going to have to come into Gabby Spudz one time. Seen a lot from you guys working at the church.
6/1/2012 7:30:01 PM
Janie says:
Many of the people who work in retaurants, malls, grocery/retail stores etc work for minimum wage and could not afford an unpaid day off. Why spread the suffering even further?
Also, of those I know in the East End, many were stuck eating out on the first few days before the relief efforts were organized. If the city shut everything down, these people would have had no where to go, no where to eat.
I understand the reasoning behind these kinds of arguments, but realistically they just don't work.
6/1/2012 11:05:56 AM