Musselwhite Mine is a fly-in, fly-out underground gold mine located approximately 500km North of Thunder Bay, on the southern shore of Opapimiskan Lake. Musselwhite has produced over five million ounces of gold since its first commercial production in April of 1997. The company employs more than 15,000 people worldwide, including the 550 employees that work at Musselwhite Mine.
Our values unify our culture. From the top down, across our operations, we’re invested in our people. When you work with us, you’re part of a growing community of skilled, thoughtful professionals committed to pioneering advances in modern, sustainable mining. We are seeking your experience for the following position:
Thunder Bay Office
Reporting to the Controller, the Accountant is a key member of the site finance team. The position is based out of the new Thunder Bay Office.
• Assist with the generation and production of accurate and timely financial statements, reports and statistical information to various departments, mine management, regional and corporate offices and various government and regulatory bodies
• Perform and maintain general ledger reconciliations on a monthly basis, ensuring accuracy and completeness
• Assist with managing site banking including cash flow planning, forecasting and bank account reconciliations
• Interact with department heads, corporate and regional accounting, treasury, and various government ministries
• Assist with internal and external audits
• Ensure that all provincial, federal, legal, corporate, and professional regulations and standards are met
• University degree in Business or Accounting required
• Chartered Professional Accounting designation (CA, CMA, CGA) is preferable
• Minimum of 5 years accounting experience
• Strong knowledge of accounting principles, concepts and financial systems
• Ability to solve problems and think critically
• Advanced computer skills with expertise in spreadsheets and Microsoft Office suite
• Strong communications skills (verbal, written, listening)
• Well-organized with the ability to meet tight deadlines and demands
• SAP experience would be an asset
The schedule for this position will consist of 8-hour shifts on a 5 day on and 2 days off rotation working out of Musselwhite Mine’s Thunder Bay Office.
As an equal opportunity employer, Goldcorp is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
How to Apply
Applications close on April 10, 2019. Please enter Job Number THU00001383 to submit your online application (www.goldcorp.com/careers). At this time, we are not accepting candidates referred by recruitment agencies.