||Toronto, Ontario. Canada
|OLG Site or Facility:
||York Mills Office
|Number of Positions:
|Length of Contract:
||Cust Experience Integ & Deliv
|Posting Expiry Date:
Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation (OLG) is committed to delivering gaming entertainment that maximizes economic benefits for the people of Ontario in an efficient and socially responsible manner. We are able to deliver on this commitment through the strength of our prime asset – our people.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Business Analysis the Business Consultant will work in cross-division OLG and solution vendor teams to enable planning and execution of discovery sessions, business requirements, sprints, user acceptance testing, operational readiness, change management and post-implementation support.
What you will be doing:
- Work in cross-division OLG and solution vendor teams to:
- Plan and facilitate stakeholder analysis and requirements gathering sessions with key business stakeholders to establish business needs and workflows
- Lead discussions to resolve complex or conflicting business requirements
- Develop, contribute to and vet business analysis artifacts (e.g., business requirements, requirements traceability matrix, user stories, epics, use cases, etc.)
- Identify risks, constraints, and dependencies, and assist Senior Managers in developing plans for mitigation of risks
- Create, leverage and/or update business modelling deliverables including but not limited to: gap analysis report(s), business process models/activity diagrams (i.e. workflows and related illustrations), conceptual data models, flow charts and storyboards
- Collaborate with systems analyst teams and service providers to ensure accurate translation of business requirements to technical designs
- Lead acceptance test planning for both Agile and Waterfall projects, and oversee acceptance testing to ensure coverage of all business requirements and acceptance criteria.
- Support service providers and AGCO through their respective testing phases
- Lead the submission of completed initiatives to AGCO for their assessment.
- Maintain and update defect logs, facilitate quick resolution of defects and provide inputs for defect prevention
- Prepare test reports comprising of test results and observations, and other testing quality metrics to facilitate the evaluation of testing effectiveness
- Support the Change Control and Risk/Issue Escalation processes on projects
- Support the implementation of solutions into production
- In collaboration with Change Management and other OLG departments, anticipate the operational impacts of new initiatives and identify operational readiness needs; enable the execution of required communication, training and change management to ensure smooth handover
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, systems, engineering or business management. Master’s degree in management or systems is preferred
- CBAP® or equivalent certification is preferred
- Agile Analysis, Test Management certifications an asset4+ years’ experience in business analysis including complex stakeholder management, requirement elicitation, documentation, process modeling, high level design and business analysis best practices
- Experience in Agile and Waterfall deliveries, methodologies and tools
- Requirements management tools (Confluence, JIRA, HP ALM, JAMA)
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and ability to participate in the defined benefit pension plan provided by the Public Service Pension Plan
- Generous leave plan
- Extensive training and professional development programs
- Exclusive employee perks
- Flexible work environment
- Get involved with Bet on Green Program to help reduce OLG’s environmental impact
- Support OLG Charities including Federated Health Campaign, United Way Campaign and other fundraising efforts for local charities
- Plus, you’ll contribute to the transformation of lottery and gaming in Ontario through OLG’s business transformation initiative. Visit our website for more information.
Please apply online by 5:00PM on May 24, 2019.
OLG values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. OLG is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
If you require accommodation to apply or if selected to participate in an assessment process, please advise Human Resources.