Senior Manager, Business Analysis
||Sault Ste Marie, Ontario. Canada
|OLG Site or Facility:
||Foster Drive Office
|Number of Positions:
|Length of Contract:
||Cust Experience Integ & Deliv
|Posting Expiry Date:
Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation (OLG) is committed to delivering gaming entertainment that maximizes economic benefits for the people of Ontario in an efficient and socially responsible manner. We are able to deliver on this commitment through the strength of our prime asset – our people.
Senior Manager Business Analysis
Reporting to the Director Business Analysis the Senior Manager, Business Analysis will work in cross-division OLG and solution vendor teams to lead BAs in enabling the planning and execution of discovery sessions, business requirements, sprints, user acceptance testing, operational readiness, change management and post-implementation support. Build the business analysis capability within OLG to include agile methodology.
What you will be doing:
- Work in cross-division OLG and solution vendor teams to lead BAs in:
- Performing stakeholder analysis, planning and facilitating requirements gathering sessions with key business stakeholders to establish business needs and workflows
- Developing, contributing to and vetting business analysis artifacts (e.g., business requirements, requirements traceability matrix, user stories, epics, use cases, etc.)
- Planning and executing user acceptance testing
- Supporting the Change Control and Risk/Issue Escalation processes on projects
- Build the business analysis capability within OLG to include agile methodology, including:
- Introducing agile principles and processes (e.g., scrums, sprints, retrospectives)
- Coaching and demonstrating agile techniques for requirements definition (e.g., user roles and personas, user stories, epics, etc.)
- Addressing user acceptance testing in an agile context
- Planning and managing of agile projects (e.g., estimation and techniques for release planning, grooming of the product backlog, monitoring of planned vs. actual work effort)
- Support business case creation and project effort estimation for new initiatives to ensure a consistent approach is applied
- Develop a thorough understanding of business goals, outcomes, controls, practices and processes to determine the business and impact analyses required for new initiatives
- Prepare status reports on business analysis activities to be shared with Director, Enterprise Business Analysis, highlighting progress, risks, challenges and recommendations
- Champion best practices in business analysis in Agile, Waterfall and hybrid frameworks and contribute to the continuous improvement of tools, processes and training to advance the practice of business analysis in the service of OLG goals
- Lead a team of business analysts in their day-to-day operations and develop their skills and capabilities through mentoring and coaching to build a high performing and engaging work environment
- Maintain business analysis resourcing plans that ensure initiatives are staffed with the right skill sets for high quality and timely execution
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, systems, engineering or business management. Master’s degree in management or systems is preferred
- ITIL v3 Practitioner, TOGAF, CBAP® or equivalent certification is preferred
- 5-7 years’ experience in business analysis including stakeholder management, requirement elicitation, documentation, process modeling and high level design
- Experience in Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Requirements management tools (HP ALM, JAMA)
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and ability to participate in the defined benefit pension plan provided by the Public Service Pension Plan
- Generous leave plan
- Extensive training and professional development programs
- Exclusive employee perks
- Flexible work environment
- Get involved with Bet on Green Program to help reduce OLG’s environmental impact
- Support OLG Charities including Federated Health Campaign, United Way Campaign and other fundraising efforts for local charities
- Plus, you’ll contribute to the transformation of lottery and gaming in Ontario through OLG’s business transformation initiative. Visit our website for more information.
Please apply online by 5:00PM on May 24, 2019.
OLG values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. OLG is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
If you require accommodation to apply or if selected to participate in an assessment process, please advise Human Resources.