Solution Delivery Manager
||Sault Ste Marie, Ontario
|OLG Site or Facility:
||Foster Drive Office
|Number of Positions:
|Length of Contract:
||End of May 2020
|Posting Expiry Date:
Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation (OLG) is committed to delivering gaming entertainment that maximizes economic benefits for the people of Ontario in an efficient and socially responsible manner. We are able to deliver on this commitment through the strength of our prime asset – our people.
Solution Delivery Manager
(Please note this is a contract role)
Reporting to the Director, Solution Management, the Senior Solution Delivery Manager performs detailed solution analysis to design a solution that aligns to the overall Technology product roadmap and ensuring that the recommended solution aligns to the overall desired business outcomes.
What you will be doing:
- Reviews the outputs produced by Business Analysis teams to conduct the review of the detailed solution design incorporating all requirements, product roadmap and success criteria
- Analyzes and recommends the solution sourcing strategy (project and service delivery) to ensure optimal delivery method of a solution to achieve economies of scale
- Establish the solution resourcing strategy to ensure required skillsets are acquired to support the delivery of the solution
- Monitors and manages both internally and externally-delivered solutions, from identification of business needs through to transition of the solution to the production environment to enable a smooth transition
- Creates the detailed solution design collaboratively and reviews across stakeholders to ensure alignment to the overall business outcomes
- Guides the various solution design activities including reviewing conceptual solution design, designing of system requirements. technical requirements gathering etc. to ensure the solution meets the needs of the business
- Supports technical requirement gathering and systems requirement design to ensure alignment back to the business needs and Technology architecture
- Supports the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of solution management methodologies, including obtaining feedback after the solution has been implemented
- Assesses targets and business plans and proposes approaches to break down solutions to manageable components and ardently seeks agile approaches to delivering these in optimal fashion and proactively to enable work on components to begin while others are still being defined.
What we are looking for:
- Minimum seven (7) years' experience in leading the design, build and implementation of complex business application and technology solutions involving multiple technology areas
- Minimum five (5) years of Solution Management experience
- Post-secondary degree, preferably in information systems, business administration and/or project management discipline, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Knowledge of; Solution Architecture (SA), Development Life Cycle methodologies (ie, agile, waterfall, etc), Product and Vendor Evaluation, Technology Service Design and Introduction, Enterprise technology architecture (infrastructure, network, platform, etc), Technology trends – SaaS, PaaS, agile, mobile, etc
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and ability to participate in the defined benefit pension plan provided by the Public Service Pension Plan
- Generous leave plan
- Extensive training and professional development programs
- Exclusive employee perks
- Flexible work environment
- Get involved with Bet on Green Program to help reduce OLG’s environmental impact
- Support OLG Charities including Federated Health Campaign, United Way Campaign and other fundraising efforts for local charities
- Plus, you’ll contribute to the transformation of lottery and gaming in Ontario through OLG’s business transformation initiative. Visit our website for more information.
Please apply online by 5:00PM on May 23, 2019.
OLG values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. OLG is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
If you require accommodation to apply or if selected to participate in an assessment process, please advise Human Resources.