Senior Business Systems Specialist
||Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Canada
|OLG Site or Facility:
||Foster Drive Office
|Number of Positions:
|Length of Contract:
|Posting Expiry Date:
Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation (OLG) is committed to delivering gaming entertainment that maximizes economic benefits for the people of Ontario in an efficient and socially responsible manner. We are able to deliver on this commitment through the strength of our prime asset – our people.
Senior Business Systems Specialist
LOCATION: The location of this position is posted as Sault Ste. Marie ON; however, it may be filled in either Toronto or Sault Ste. Marie. Applicants from both regions are encouraged to apply.
Reporting to the Senior Manager Business Systems Analysis, the Senior Business Systems Specialist ensures that business requirements are identified and clarified to ensure proper systems solutions can be successfully deployed. Responsible for ensuring the requirements map to a real business need which are approved by all relevant stakeholders and meet essential quality standards to meet business requirements.
The position requires excellent communication, analytical and team work abilities combined with a broad understanding of Information Technology products and tools. The successful candidate must be a well-rounded, cross-lateral thinker with the ability to provide insights on the automation of the core operational areas within Technology and the business.
What you will be doing:
- Supports business case creation and project effort estimation for new initiatives to ensure a consistent approach is being applied.
- Develops a thorough understanding of business goals, outcomes, practices and processes to translate them into system functionality and user-requirements that define project scope and specifications
- Performs business analysis techniques
- Collaborates and consults with the Solution Delivery team on the solution management and design to meet business aims and timelines.
- Guides development of documentation for new and modified business policies and procedures (e.g. standard operating procedures (SOPs) and workflows) to ensure effective implementation of technology solutions in order to provide consistent quality of outputs
- Promotes architectural consistency and usability standards in the solution designs as well as incorporating business goals to streamlined user experience, understanding the customer journey and translating into user stories in order to ensure consistency
- Collaborates and consults with the Solution Delivery team on the solution management and design to meet the business requirements and timelines
- Communicates business requirements, facilitates the review and signoff sessions with stakeholders and Solutions Delivery team in order to ensure alignment
- Supports the business in solution implementation
- Maintains domain and industry expertise and proactively identifies opportunities for streamlining business requirements, processes and workflows through continuous improvement in order to better serve the business
- Partners with the business in supporting development of strategies and acting as a change agent for the application of technology
- Guides or participates in the development of business cases including defining key business metrics and performance measures to gauge effectiveness of tools relative to business strategies and goals
What we are looking for:
- Post-secondary degree, preferably in Information Systems, Engineering and/or Business Administration, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP) or equivalent industry experience is an asset
- 5+ progressive experience in medium to large/Technology business environment
- 3+ years of business analysis experience
- Proficient primary knowledge of:
- Business Assessment
- Requirements Analysis
- Business Process Modeling
- Enterprise Analysis
- Technology practices and business approaches
- Outstanding customer service and relationship management skills
- The ability to work on multiple tasks/projects in parallel and deliver on tight time frames.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and ability to participate in the defined benefit pension plan provided by the Public Service Pension Plan
- Comprehensive Benefit Plan
- Extensive training and professional development programs
- Exclusive employee discounts
- Get involved with Bet on Green Program to help reduce OLG’s environmental impact
- Support OLG Charities including Federated Health Campaign, United Way Campaign and other fundraising efforts for local charities
- Plus, you’ll contribute to the transformation of lottery and gaming in Ontario through OLG’s business transformation initiative. Visit our website for more information.
Please apply online by 5:00PM on June 18, 2019
OLG values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. OLG is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
If you require accommodation to apply or if selected to participate in an assessment process, please advise Human Resources.