Copperfin is Northwestern Ontario’s largest locally owned credit union, with branches located in Ear Falls, Kenora, Sioux Narrows, Nestor Falls, and Thunder Bay. We are an equal opportunity employer that strongly supports internal growth opportunities.
We’re looking for a responsible, motivated individual for the full-time position of Financial Planner. This position will be located in Thunder Bay, ON.
Reporting to the VP Sales & Member Experience, the Financial Planner will provide complete financial planning advice and solutions to existing and new members of Copperfin consistent with the corporate vision and objectives. An expert at member engagement, you will be responsible for building a profitable wealth management portfolio while identifying and referring opportunities to other Copperfin team members, including:
• Support members with the development, implementation and accomplishment of their financial plans
• Provide prompt, courteous service to members while delivering a full range of financial services
• Establish trusted internal relationships and raise the awareness and knowledge level of Copperfin Team Members by providing subject matter expertise and/or mentoring, as required
• Participate in community involvement activities, building Copperfin's profile in the community
• Excellent people skills with a desire to help people with their money
• Post-secondary diploma/degree, ideally in Commerce or Business Administration would be an asset
• IIROC licensed or licensable
• Certified Financial Planner (CFP) or Personal Financial Planner (PFP designation)
• Willingness to obtain LLQP Life Insurance, accident and disability license with commitment to fulfilling continuing education requirement
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in financial planning/investment sales with the ability to prepare written financial plans in accordance with the six-step financial planning process
• Superior knowledge of the investment industry and products
• Previous life insurance sales as well as banking and lending experience preferred
• Previous supervisory experience in leading and mentoring others would be an asset
• Comfortable with industry standard financial planning tools/software
The salary for this position will commensurate with the skills and experience of the successful candidate and includes a base pay plus variable pay compensation structure.
Please submit your cover letter and resume by Friday, August 23rd, 2019 to:
Copperfin Credit Union
346 Second Street South
Kenora, ON P9N 1G5
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Upon request, accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process.