Algoma Telephone System, Inc., is currently in search of a full-time Controller Accounting Assistant. This position will work directly with the Controller to process all aspects of Accounting, including Payables, Receivables and General Ledger. We are looking for someone with skills, passion, drive and potential to assume the Controller’s position in the future. Individual must ensure that our high standard of quality is maintained. You will work with various managers and operations team members but report to our Controller who will assign tasks in priority order. You must be a great fit for our team. We're down-to-earth, fun, and have a work-hard, play-hard mentality. Integrity and honesty are important character traits that you must have. You must have a strong work ethic, high degree of initiative, and continual desire to succeed.
The successful Candidate will have experience in all areas of Accounting.
Description of Position:
• Audit Account Payables and Receivables.
• Ensure the proper coding of expenses and applicable taxes are applied to invoices.
• Assist in monitoring vendor statements and investigate billing or payment errors.
• Provide follow-up to outstanding AP payments and resolve problems that may arise (cheque status etc.)
• Assist with cheque runs and schedule mailing out of cheques.
• Ensure the processing of accounts receivable are done in a timely manner.
• Monthly preparation of the Financial Statements, such as posting Journal entries, reconciliation of credit cards, bank reconciliation, etc.
• Prepare and update various excel spreadsheets as required.
• General filing of confidential information, assorted administrative duties and maintenance of financial records.
• Other duties as directed by the Controller.
Candidate must have the following qualifications:
• University Degree in Accounting or related business field with Accounting courses.
• Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience in a similar position.
• General knowledge of accounting principles.
• Excellent computer skills required in Excel, Word, and experience working with accounting software.
• Knowledge of Simply accounting would be an asset.
• Experience with AP & AR within a communication and security environment would be an asset.
• Knowledge of HST/GST tax rules and rates for different divisions.
• Understanding of payroll and payroll taxes (Receiver General, EHT, WSIB, etc.).
• Excellent organizational and detail skills.
• Strong ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
• Superior Analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Management skills would be an asset.
Algoma Telephone Systems, Inc. would like to thank all candidates for their interest in this position. Due to the volume of resumes we receive we would only be able to respond directly to those with the required qualifications. Candidates must submit work references with their resume. If candidates do not attach references they will not be called for an interview. References for previous jobs will be check before interview.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your resume and work references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Wage and Benefits:
Regular hours of work 9:00am – 5:00pm, Monday – Friday.
Salary is open for negotiation based on a combination of experience and education.
Health and Company Benefits available after three months’ probation period.
Security and Safety:
• Bondable with Criminal Record Check
ATS (Algoma Telephone Systems, Inc.) was founded in 1979. ATS is a multi-division company that provides all communications and security services at a cost-effective, hassle free and reliable way to all our customers. We are a Canadian company that aims to provide superior customer service. Our focus is on providing our customers with a reliable, transparent and unparalleled customer experience while providing service in the most efficient way possible.
To provide access to reliable and affordable Security and telecommunications systems to Northern Ontario’s Businesses and individuals with the best customer service.
Empowering growth and support to individuals that have the passion and dedication and enable the success of those that become our employees.