Who We Are
Copperfin is Northwestern Ontario’s largest locally owned credit union, with branches and offices in Ear Falls, Kenora, Sioux Narrows, Nestor Falls, and Thunder Bay that offer a full range of products and services and Wealth Management financial planning. We’re extremely proud of our workplace culture and Life Forward values where we strive to truly understand our Members, ensuring their best interests are put first and offering them the financial tools and solutions to reach their goals and be prepared for whatever life may bring.
About This Opportunity
We’re looking for a responsible, motivated individual for the full-time position of Member Advisor. This position will be in Kenora, ON.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, the Member Advisor will provide ongoing service delivery and proactively sell retail lending and investment products and services. This position will be responsible for proactively managing an assigned portfolio including:
• Enhancing member relationships to ensure branch and individual goals are met
• Conducting interviews with members to identify lending, deposit and investment needs and making recommendations for solutions
• Engaging members in Life Forward conversations to understand their needs
• Developing portfolios for mutual funds according to member needs and objectives
• Reviewing performance of portfolio annually with members
• Proactively seeking business with both new and existing members through cross-selling initiatives
• Supporting the culture, mission and values of Copperfin Credit Union
What We’re Looking For
• Excellent people skills with a desire to help people with their money
• Secondary School Diploma; Business Diploma with post-secondary diploma in business related field preferred, minimum of two years previous credit union experience or equivalent
• Must be a licensed sales agent for Mutual Funds
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel, Loans Origination System
• Knowledge of the credit union system and services with an in-depth knowledge of loan and investment products including RRSP, RRIF, RESP and term deposits
• Strong capabilities in judgment, decision-making and time management
• Ability to work closely with fellow employees in a team-oriented environment
• Willingness to upgrade in order to keep up to date with changes in the industry relating to job function
About The Salary
The salary for this position will commensurate with the skills and experience of the successful candidate.
Please submit your cover letter and resume by Friday, November 6th, 2020 to:
People and Culture Team
Copperfin Credit Union
346 Second Street South
Kenora, ON. P9N 1G5
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Upon request, accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process.
346 Second Street S