Resolute Forest Products is seeking candidates for the position of Weekend Sawmill Supervisor for our Ignace wood products operation in Northwest Ontario. In this role, you will join a team of staff, operators and maintenance specialists during the operation of this facility.
The Sawmill Supervisor reports to the Sawmill Manager, and is directly responsible to provide shift supervision, and coordination of maintenance activities as we transition from project construction into daily operation activities. This key role will assist with the efficient, safe lumber manufacture, and related scheduling logistics with the assigned workforce.
– Ensure application of highest Safety standards for sawmill and yard operations
– Oversee production sector by maximizing the use of materials, personnel and equipment to meet or exceed production goals, quality and financial performance (monitoring and cost reduction).
– Supervise, direct and guide employees to help them achieve their maximum level of effectiveness; identify and meet their needs for training in their job, health and safety and the environment.
– Work with supervisors of maintenance (mechanical and electrical) to ensure optimal performance and efficiency of maintenance activities (mechanical & electrical).
– Ensure product quality meets customer requirements by performing the required inspections, and working with Quality Control and Technical Services to develop programs
– Identify, recommend and / or implement changes to improve production procedures, equipment performance, working conditions and product quality in order to improve the efficiency of the sector
– Ensure that all employees work in accordance with the rules, policies, programs and procedures of the Company, and with all applicable laws relating to health and safety and the ISO-14001 processes
– Perform all administrative tasks (reports: production, maintenance, timesheets, health and safety, performance, training, transfer of personnel, environment, etc.)
– Reporting to the Sawmill Manager, you will be part of a results-oriented team whose members are encouraged to exceed expectations.
Bachelor’s degree, technical diploma, or related industry experience
A minimum of 3 to 5 years of equivalent experience
Demonstrated progression in leadership roles
Your assets and skills
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Ability to work as part of a team, to communicate with all levels of the organization and to adapt quickly to change
Strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills.
knowledge of MS Office, and solid computer skills
A self-motivated individual who will work towards Safety & Reliability Excellence
Good working knowledge of sawmill and planer mill equipment
Our Ignace Sawmill is located at the township of Ignace, ON. The community of Ignace is located 250km Nothwest of Thunder Bay, ON and 106km east of Dryden, ON (for more information about the region, please visit http://town.ignace.on.ca/)
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Resolute Growth Canada Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Resolute Forest Products is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection.