Resolute Forest Products is seeking candidates for the position of Maintenance Electrician for our flagship 300 million board foot Sawmill at Thunder Bay, Ontario. The Maintenance Electrician is responsible for the shift maintenance performance of a state of art three line stud mill. The Maintenance Electrician reports to the Maintenance Supervisor, and is directly responsible to provide safe maintenance, repair, installation and modification of all sawmill related equipment.
– Participate in safety programs and ensure the application of our safety standards for all electrical maintenance operations
– You have a commitment to work in a safe productive manner to maximize quality and production while minimizing production, maintenance costs and unscheduled downtime
– Troubleshoot equipment failures and perform necessary repairs
– Collaborate with Production and Maintenance personnel with daily operation activities
– Utilize the Maintenance Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) for processing work orders, weekly schedules, PM's, and updating the equipment database;
– Perform periodic inspections of equipment and systems to observe operating conditions and need for repair or adjustment
– You will apply your excellent organizational skills to maximize uptime, quality and production
– Execute preventative maintenance activities including troubleshooting and repairs to all sawmill equipment, hydraulic systems, conveyors, and pumps in a timely manner
– Communicate updates to supervisor to maintain goals
– Shift work will be required
– Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, you will be part of a results-oriented team whose members are encouraged to exceed expectations.
Industrial or Construction Electrician certification
3 to 5 years’ experience in related industrial environment
Your assets and skills
– Strong PLC’s and Control background;
Exceptional electrical analytical and troubleshooting skills;
Competent in the use of test equipment applicable to the maintenance of control systems;
Excellent communication (verbal & written), organizational, and interpersonal skills
Proven ability to work independently and within a diverse trades team environment
Support continuous improvement and contribute to cost savings initiatives
MS Office, and Computer Maintenance Management Software computer skills
A self-motivated individual who will work towards Reliability Excellence
Knowledge of sawmill and planer mill equipment
Possess a strong safety focus and exceptional safety record
Our Thunder Bay Sawmill is located at 156 Darrel Avenue, Thunder Bay, ON. The community of Thunder Bay is located in Nothwest Ontario. For more information about the region, please visit http://www.thunderbay.ca/)
What Gets Measured Gets Done
Read our 2014 annual report at resolutefp.com/publications.
Boreal Forest Facts
To get the facts on sustainable practices in the boreal, visit borealforestfacts.com.