Resolute Forest Products is seeking candidates for the position of Maintenance Millwright for our flagship 300 million board foot Sawmill at Thunder Bay, Ontario. The Maintenance Millwright is responsible for the shift maintenance performance of a state of art three line stud mill. The Maintenance Millwright reports to the Maintenance Supervisor, and is directly responsible to provide safe maintenance, repair, installation and modification of all sawmill related equipment.
– Participate in safety programs and ensure the application of our safety standards for all maintenance operations
– You have a commitment to work in a safe productive manner to maximize quality and production while minimizing production, maintenance costs and unscheduled downtime
– Troubleshoot equipment failures and perform necessary repairs
– Collaborate with Production and Maintenance personnel with daily operation activities
– Utilize the Maintenance Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) for processing work orders, weekly schedules, PM's, and updating the equipment database;
– Perform periodic inspections of equipment and systems to observe operating condition and need for repair or adjustment
– You will apply your excellent organizational skills to maximize uptime, quality and production
– Execute preventative maintenance activities including troubleshooting and repairs to all sawmill equipment, hydraulic systems, conveyors, and pumps in a timely manner
– Communicate updates to supervisor to maintain goals
– Shift work will be required
– Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, you will be part of a results-oriented team whose members are encouraged to exceed expectations.
Industrial or Construction Mechanic/Millwright certification
3 to 5 years’ experience in related industrial environment
Your assets and skills
Excellent communication (verbal & written), organizational, and interpersonal skills
Ability to work independently and within a diverse trades team environment
Exceptional mechanical aptitude and trouble shooting skills
Support continuous improvement and contribute to cost savings initiatives
MS Office, and Computer Maintenance Management Software computer skills
A self-motivated individual who will work towards Reliability Excellence
Other trade certificates and experience with hydraulics, pneumatics and welding or other related experience in the wood product industry will be considered
In addition, candidates in a Millwright apprenticeship program will be considered based on a two-year Industrial Mechanics Diploma or equivalent.
Knowledge of sawmill and planer mill equipment
Possess a strong safety focus and exceptional safety record
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Resolute Forest Products is an equal opportunity employer.
Our Thunder Bay Sawmill is located at 156 Darrel Avenue, Thunder Bay, ON. The community of Thunder Bay is located in Northwest Ontario. For more information about the region, please visit http://www.thunderbay.ca/)
Resolute Forest Products is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Division to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process.