Career wheels spinning but getting nowhere? Put yourself in the driver’s seat and get some traction with Fountain Tire Thunder Bay (788 Central Ave) as a Truck and Coach Technician!
With over 60 years of experience in the tire and mechanical service industry, we know what we’re doing and we do it well! Our longstanding success is because of the people that have chosen a career with us.
At Fountain Tire, our associates are our number one asset. As a member of our team you will get to enjoy some of our great benefits:
• A shop committed to safety excellence
• Mack/Volvo Training and certification available
• The opportunity to work with an excellent management team, associates, and customers
• Regular day shifts
• Great discounts for you and your family on tires, parts and mechanical services at all Fountain Tire Stores
• Health, Dental and Vision Benefits
• RRSP Matching Program
Your duties will include:
• Completing inspections and diagnostics
• Working hands on with our supervisory team to diagnose and repair units – including working directly with customers.
• Repairing commercial vehicles through the disassembly of faulty assemblies and repairing or replacing worn or damaged parts
• Performing scheduled maintenance services such as oil changes, lubrications and tune-ups
• Ensuring all equipment used in the Service Department is in good repair and undergoes regular documented maintenance
• Ensuring the best service is provided to our clients and customers
What does it take to get on track?
• 310T Certification or Truck and Coach Technician Red Seal
• 3+ years of work experience in the Mechanical area of the Commercial Vehicle Service Industry
• Valid Driver’s License and satisfactory driver's abstract
• Demonstrate good interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to communicate well at all levels.
• Ability to lift and carry 25kg
At Fountain Tire, you'll have a great place to work—competitive compensation, a manager with a large support network, and the chance to learn and grow.
788 CENTRAL AVENUE