Solomon & Sons in Dryden, ON is currently looking for a skilled Machinist. We are a full-service Truck/Trailer/Machining/Welding Shop with Parts Showroom. This position is key to maintain workflow in a fast-paced environment and ensure support of our customers.
• Operate and maintain lathe and milling machines.
• Ensure that all operations adhere to safety protocols.
• Reviews drawings, instructions, blueprints, or samples to ensure accurate production.
• Check output for quality assurance.
• Plan proper sequence of tasks to complete the assignment
• Maintain a safe and clean workstation
• Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
• Identifies need for and performs machine maintenance and minor repairs.
• Perform failure diagnostics
Qualifications and Skills
• Minimum Grade 12 diploma preferred.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in the field, trade certificate preferred.
• Millwright, heavy equipment experience an asset
• Effective communication skills, written and verbal.
• Proficient in math, computer skills required.
• Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and safety a definite asset.
• Must adhere to all safety and environmental policies and procedures.
• Must have a positive work attitude and be a team player.
• Must have the ability to meet deadlines, prioritize duties and work independently.
• Attention to detail and conscientiousness a definite asset.
Interested applicants please submit your resume along with cover letter via
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by mail to: ATTN: General Manger
George Solomon & Sons, P.O. Box 359, Dryden, ON P8N 2Z1
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.