Are you looking for a career in a fast-paced, public sector environment that works towards a common goal of the success of our students? Are you a dedicated, passionate professional? Then look no further!
Algoma University is located on land across Turtle Island, including the Robinson-Huron Treaty (Sault Ste. Marie), Mississaugas of the Credit (Brampton) and Mushkegowuk (Cree) (Timmins), as well as hereditary lands of the Métis Nation. Algoma University, established in Sault Ste. Marie in 1965, is a growing and innovative institution with a dual Special Mission to serve as a teaching-oriented university while cultivating cross-cultural learning between Indigenous and non-Indigenous communities.
Algoma University is committed to being a welcoming, inclusive, safe, and respectful learning and working community; one that values the opportunities to learn from and with students, staff and visitors from all parts of the world. The student body includes individuals from over 50 different countries, creating a vibrant cross-cultural learning and social environment for all.
AU is excited to announce we are hiring for several new roles at all levels across our institution to support our continued growth as follows:
Within our Academic and Research Division, the following positions are currently available:
- Executive Assistant to the Vice President, Academic and Research/Associate Vice President, Academic (Sault Ste. Marie)
- Academic Executive Assistant - Faculty of Science (Sault Ste. Marie)
- Academic Executive Assistant - Faculty of Business and Economics (Brampton)
- Academic Executive Assistant - Faculty of Humanities/Social Science and Cross Cultural Studies (Sault Ste. Marie or Brampton)
Within Administration and leadership, the following positions are available:
- Manager, Marketing and Communications (Brampton or Sault Ste. Marie)
- Manager, International Recruitment (Sault Ste. Marie)
- Manager, Advancement (Sault Ste. Marie)
- Executive Assistant to the Vice President, Growth and External Relations (Brampton or Sault Ste. Marie)
Within our staff group, the following positions are available:
- Copyright Specialist (temporary)
- E-Learning Specialist
- Assistant Registrar, Academic & Enrolment Services (Brampton) (temporary)
- Student Accounts Officer (temporary)
These positions are open to all qualified applicants, although preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada. Algoma University is strongly committed to fostering diversity and inclusivity within our community and is an equal opportunity employer. The university invites and encourages applications from all qualified candidates from equity-deserving groups, (Indigenous peoples, racialized persons, women, persons with disabilities, and 2SLGBTQQIA+ persons) who may contribute to further diversification of our Institution.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, upon request, accommodation will be provided by Algoma University throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities.