Director, Business Analysis
||Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Canada
|OLG Site or Facility:
||Foster Drive Office
|Number of Positions:
|Length of Contract:
||Cust Experience Integ & Deliv
|Posting Expiry Date:
Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation (OLG) is committed to delivering gaming entertainment that maximizes economic benefits for the people of Ontario in an efficient and socially responsible manner. We are able to deliver on this commitment through the strength of our prime asset – our people.
Director, Business Analysis
Reporting to Vice President, CX Integration & Delivery, the Director, Business Analysis, will build industry leading business analysis capabilities that include, but not limited to, requirements planning, elicitation, collaboration, analysis, as-is to-be modeling, and solution design to help business units leverage the maximum value from technology.
What you will be doing
• Provide leadership for workshops, meetings and other requirements gathering/elicitation sessions with key business stakeholders to establish business needs and workflows
• Direct all quality assurance activities and ensure complete coverage of business requirements in the user acceptance testing stage to ensure OLG’s digital solutions meet the needs of the business, and lead the submission of completed initiatives to AGCO for their assessment
• Direct the analysis, stakeholder engagement evaluation, risk assessment, impact assessment and prioritization of requirements
• Build business cases for key opportunities and build strong conceptual, analytical and critical reasoning capabilities to work collaboratively with business stakeholders and subject matter experts to creatively solve complex business issues
• Ensure the use of appropriate methodologies, tools and techniques to elicit and define requirements and specifications to capture business needs in a comprehensive manner
• Establish processes and procedures for documentation, review and sign-off of business requirements as per industry best practices and monitor adherence to processes to ensure accountability and traceability
• Lead the collaboration with Change Management to develop training content for stakeholders impacted by new initiatives
• Manage relationships with third party vendors and track activities as per service agreements to ensure compliance to scope and quality requirements
• Accountable for optimal resource management to ensure that all projects are staffed with resources with the right skill sets for high quality and timely execution
• Lead a team of senior managers, managers, business analysts in their day-to-day operations and develop their skills and capabilities through mentoring and coaching to build a high performing and engaging work environment
What we’re looking for
• 10 years’ experience with business analysis including stakeholder management, requirements gathering, documentation, process modeling and high-level design, and acceptance testing is required.
• Experience applying Agile and Waterfall methodologies required
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, systems, engineering or business management. Master’s degree in management or systems is preferred
• CBAP® or equivalent certification is preferred
• Agile Analysis, Test Management certifications an asset
• Change Management experience an asset
What we offer
• Competitive salary and ability to participate in the defined benefit pension plan provided by the Public Service Pension Plan
• Generous leave plan
• Extensive training and professional development programs
• Exclusive employee perks
• Flexible work environment
• Get involved with Bet on Green Program to help reduce OLG’s environmental impact
• Support OLG Charities including Federated Health Campaign, United Way Campaign and other fundraising efforts for local charities
• Plus, you’ll contribute to the transformation of lottery and gaming in Ontario through OLG’s business transformation initiative. Visit our website for more information.
Please apply online by 5:00 PM on November 27, 2019.
OLG values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. OLG is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
If you require accommodation to apply or if selected to participate in an assessment process, please advise Human Resources.