Sr. Product Design Specialist
|Location:||Sault Ste.Marie, Ontario, Canada|
|OLG Site or Facility:||Foster Drive Office|
|Number of Positions:||1|
|Length of Contract:|
|Department/Division:||Customer Experience Design|
|Posting Expiry Date:||11/29/2019|
Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation (OLG) is committed to delivering gaming entertainment that maximizes economic benefits for the people of Ontario in an efficient and socially responsible manner. We are able to deliver on this commitment through the strength of our prime asset – our people.
Senior Product Design Specialist
Design and create holistic product design and solutions by leveraging market best practices in line with OLG’s vision to deliver world class experiences and products
What you will be doing
• Execute creation of products (including technology, platform and process elements) in collaboration with the Design team for identified deliverables
• Contribute to the design development within a specific/ identified product area and/or specific features to help create a holistic customer centric design
• Participate in ideation/ brainstorming sessions and consistently use creativity, foresight and good design judgment in developing and applying marketplace trends
• Evolve design methods, practices and guidelines which enable data-driven consideration of design decisions and ensure proposed solutions are desirable, feasible and viable
• Carry out analysis and leverage internal and external research & insights to drive decision making on selection of solution options to drive customer experience
• Develop design of identified concepts (in collaboration or independently depending on the complexity and scope) which include experiences, products and partnerships from concepts to buildable solutions to deliver on world class customer experience
What we’re looking for
• Mastery in two to three areas of expertise such as Service Design, Visual Design, Interaction Design, or Content Design
• 3 - 5 years of experience in related role required
• Demonstrated experience in customer experience design, product design, Human centered design, and/or strategic business process design required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Design or a related field
• In depth understanding of emerging models and practices in human centered design and design thinking
• Understanding of gaming, entertainment or other similar industries (desirable)
What we offer
• Competitive salary and ability to participate in the defined benefit pension plan provided by the Public Service Pension Plan
• Generous leave plan
• Extensive training and professional development programs
• Exclusive employee perks
• Flexible work environment
• Get involved with Bet on Green Program to help reduce OLG’s environmental impact
• Support OLG Charities including Federated Health Campaign, United Way Campaign and other fundraising efforts for local charities
• Plus, you’ll contribute to the transformation of lottery and gaming in Ontario through OLG’s business transformation initiative. Visit our website for more information.
Please apply online by 5:00 PM on November 29, 2019.
OLG values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. OLG is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
If you require accommodation to apply or if selected to participate in an assessment process, please advise Human Resources.