The Clinical Intake/Assessment Counsellor is responsible for providing assessment, support, and clinical direction on all incoming referrals at the point of intake. Additionally:
• Provides clinical assessment, crisis intervention, safety planning, and harm reduction education to pending clients;
• Collaborates with community resources and develop working relationships with all referral sources;
• Works alongside the intake team and in collaboration with other Nodin Mental Health Counsellors.
Nodin Mental Health Services is a department of Sioux Lookout First Nations Health Authority; services are available to all First Nations people from the 33 communities served by SLFNHA. Nodin has an intake unit, counsellors travelling to communities, a crisis response program, community-based children’s mental health and addiction workers, school counsellors, an outpatient mental health based in Sioux Lookout, and counsellors who are part of a mobile outreach team to help the most vulnerable populations in Sioux Lookout.
COMPENSATION: $71,442 - $91,949
SLFNHA offers a highly competitive compensation package that includes:
• RRSP Matching Plan
• Employer Paid Health Insurance
• Annual Fitness Reimbursement
• Paid Cultural and Wellness Days
• Paid Vacation
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• Completion of a diploma training program, specific to mental health or equivalent education at a recognized college or university;
• A related university degree is an asset;
• 5 years recent experience working with children, adolescents and/or families in a mental health clinical capacity;
• Registration with the College of Psychotherapy or College of Social Workers or another recognized professional college is a requirement prior to or within a year of commencing employment.