Children’s Centre Thunder Bay works together with families, caregivers and a community of partners to make a real difference in the quality of life of children and youth. We are an accredited, not-for-profit organization providing treatment and support services for children and youth, from birth to 18 years, who are experiencing behavioural, emotional, developmental or social difficulties.
Children's Centre Thunder Bay values equity, diversity and inclusion because every person has a right to equal treatment, and we are strengthened by diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences. As such, we encourage applications from women, persons with disabilities, Indigenous peoples, Francophones, racialized people, and others who may contribute to further diversification of the Centre.
We have an exciting full-time opportunity for a Director, Data, Information Technology, and Communications
An integral part of our Senior Leadership Team, this full-time position will execute on the following critical aspects of our business:
• The overall planning and execution of the Centre’s technological systems and applications as these related to operations, information, data management and communication.
• Analyzes complex business needs presented by the user community and recommends technical solutions.
• Ensures consistency and maintainability of existing applications by creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards/procedures for implementing technical solutions.
• Directs IT operations in executing production tasks according to a standardized and documented schedule that meets or exceeds customer expectations.
• Directs and supervisors the work load of all IT staff members.
• Oversees the IT help ticket system and as needed helps triage requests according to level of severity and/or frequency.
• Communicates thoroughly and proactively with the CEO as needed to insure work sustainability, timely project delivery, and adherence to budgets.
• Collaborates proactively and productively with other groups and offices to insure continuity of work and proper maintenance of supporting networks.
The ideal candidate for this position must have or be the following:
• A self-starter with a Masters education in computer science or information technology and 5-7 years of technology leadership experience
• Possess a can-do, team-player disposition, with a willingness to learn on the go.
• Expert level technical capacity, and the ability to steer and complete high level projects.
• The ability to communicate well verbally, in person, and in writing electronically to all levels of an organization.
This position reports directly to our Chief Executive Officer. A complete job description is available by contacting Human Resources.
A Driver’s License and the ability to travel throughout the district of Thunder Bay is required.
An excellent compensation package, including vacation, benefits and the Hospitals of Ontario Pension plan are offered. Specific details are available by contacting Human Resources.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a resume by email to:
Tanya MacLeod, CHRL, Manager, Human Resources
Applications accepted until September 7, 2021
We thank all applicants for their interest in available opportunities, and for considering employment with Children's Centre Thunder Bay. Please note that while we appreciate all applications, we regret that only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interviews are scheduled to be held on September 22 and September 28, 2021
Children's Centre Thunder Bay is committed to providing accommodations throughout the employment process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Applicants requiring accommodations throughout the recruitment process should contact Human Resources.