Musselwhite Mine is a fly-in, fly-out underground gold mine located approximately 500km North of Thunder Bay, on the southern shore of Opapimiskan Lake. Musselwhite has produced over four million ounces of gold since its first commercial production in April of 1997. The company employs more than 15,000 people worldwide, including the 550 employees that work at Musselwhite Mine.
Our values unify our culture. From the top down, across our operations, we’re invested in our people. When you work with us, you’re part of a growing community of skilled, thoughtful professionals committed to pioneering advances in modern, sustainable mining. We are seeking your experience for the following position:
We are seeking a motivated Construction Leader to join the Musselwhite team, reporting directly to the Underground Supervisors.
• Boom truck Operation
• To work safely, understand and comply with all Ontario OH&S regulations and Musselwhite policies, procedures and regulations.
• Train to operate and maintain Minecat Kabota’s
• Construction Material Movement
• Be an engaged and active member of a highly productive team
• Take direction from the Underground Supervisors
• Work in a safe and efficient manner at all times
• Construction work including shotcrete, building forms, pouring pads, installing vent regulators and fans
• HITE training preferred but not mandatory
• Candidate must possess a Secondary School Diploma or GED
• Successful completion of the Ontario Common Core
• Minimum 5 years of underground experience
• Knowledge and operation of mechanized equipment such as boom trucks & shotcrete desirable
• Ability to lift/carry up to 100 lbs with assistance
• Ability to reach at and below-shoulder level
• Motivated and highly safety-conscious
• Valid driver’s license preferred
The work schedule for this position is 14 on, 14 days off, working 11-hour days. Successful candidate must be from the Thunder Bay area or be willing to relocate.
As an equal opportunity employer, Goldcorp is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
How to Apply
Applications close on October 10, 2018. Please enter Job Number MUS00001893 to submit your online application (www.goldcorp.com/careers). At this time, we are not accepting candidates referred by recruitment agencies.