Musselwhite Mine is a fly-in, fly-out underground gold mine located approximately 500km North of Thunder Bay, on the southern shore of Opapimiskan Lake. Musselwhite has produced over five million ounces of gold since its first commercial production in April of 1997. The company employs more than 15,000 people worldwide, including the 550 employees that work at Musselwhite Mine.
Our values unify our culture. From the top down, across our operations, we’re invested in our people. When you work with us, you’re part of a growing community of skilled, thoughtful professionals committed to pioneering advances in modern, sustainable mining. We are seeking your experience for the following position:
Thunder Bay Office
This position will report directly to the Hoist Supervisors.
• Operate the winze hoist in a safe and efficient manner
• Operate remote rock breaker in a safe and efficient manner
• Adheres and complies with all company & legislated policies, procedures and standards
• Cleaning of hoist rooms and hoisting equipment
• Take direction from the Underground Supervisors
• Maintain a safe workplace and improve any aspect of safety
• Alternate work will be assigned as required
• Must hold a valid Hoist Certificate
• Ontario Hardrock Underground Common Core
• A continuing commitment to safety and teamwork
• Must demonstrate acceptable skills through a written and operating evaluation
• Previous Hoist experience would be an asset
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and written skills
• High level of organizational skills
The work schedule for this position is 14 on, 14 days off, working 12-hour days. This position will initially be working out of Musselwhite Mine and will transition to the Thunder Bay Office with some travel to site when required. Successful candidate must be from the Thunder Bay area or be willing to relocate.
As an equal opportunity employer, Goldcorp is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
How to Apply
Applications close on October 16, 2018. Please enter Job Number MUS00001897 to submit your online application (www.goldcorp.com/careers). At this time, we are not accepting candidates referred by recruitment agencies.