Musselwhite Mine is a fly-in, fly-out underground gold mine located approximately 500km North of Thunder Bay, on the southern shore of Opapimiskan Lake. Musselwhite has produced over four million ounces of gold since its first commercial production in April of 1997. The company employs more than 15,000 people worldwide, including the 550 employees that work at Musselwhite Mine.
Our values unify our culture. From the top down, across our operations, we’re invested in our people. When you work with us, you’re part of a growing community of skilled, thoughtful professionals committed to pioneering advances in modern, sustainable mining. We are seeking your experience for the following position:
Reporting to the Underground Supervisor, the primary responsibility of the Longhole Blaster is…
• Loading long hole
• Preparation and cleaning of stopes
• Operate and maintain the Long Hole Emulsion Pump Trucks
• Possess Ontario Common Core Certification
• A minimum of 5 years underground experience is preferred
• Previous long hole loading experience an asset
• Desire and ability to learn the operation of the loading truck
• The ability to ensure that all work is carried safely and efficiently
The work schedule for this position is 14 on, 14 days off, working 11-hour days. Successful candidate must be from the Thunder Bay area or be willing to relocate.
As an equal opportunity employer, Goldcorp is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
How to Apply
Applications close on October 16, 2018. Please enter Job Number MUS00001898 to submit your online application (www.goldcorp.com/careers). At this time, we are not accepting candidates referred by recruitment agencies.