Musselwhite Mine is a fly-in, fly-out underground gold mine located approximately 500km North of Thunder Bay, on the southern shore of Opapimiskan Lake. Musselwhite has produced over four million ounces of gold since its first commercial production in April of 1997. The company employs more than 15,000 people worldwide, including the 550 employees that work at Musselwhite Mine.
Our values unify our culture. From the top down, across our operations, we’re invested in our people. When you work with us, you’re part of a growing community of skilled, thoughtful professionals committed to pioneering advances in modern, sustainable mining. We are seeking your experience for the following position:
We are seeking a motivated Miner to join the Development team, reporting directly to the Development Supervisors.
• To work safely, understand and comply with all Ontario OH&S regulations and Musselwhite policies, procedures and regulations.
• Read and comprehend development layouts
• Wash and scale
• Install services and load development rounds
• Operate and maintain 9 and 10 yard LHD’s
• Train to operate and maintain mechanical bolters and jumbos
• Candidate must possess a Secondary School Diploma or GED
• Successful completion of the Ontario Common Core
• Minimum 5 years of underground experience
• Knowledge and operation of mechanized equipment such as rock bolters, jumbos, anfoloaders, scissor lifts and 9-10 yard scooptrams desirable
• Ability to lift/carry up to 100 lbs with assistance
• Ability to reach at and below-shoulder level
• Motivated and highly safety-conscious
• Experience in trackless development would be an asset
• Valid driver’s license preferred
The work schedule for this position is 14 days on, 14 days off, working 11-hour days. Successful candidate must be from the Thunder Bay area or be willing to relocate.
Goldcorp. Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
How to Apply
Applications close on October 17, 2018. Please enter Job Number MUS00001900 to submit your online application (www.goldcorp.com/careers). At this time, we are not accepting candidates referred by recruitment agencies.