Musselwhite Mine is a fly-in, fly-out underground gold mine located approximately 500km North of Thunder Bay, on the southern shore of Opapimiskan Lake. Musselwhite has produced over five million ounces of gold since its first commercial production in April of 1997. The company employs more than 15,000 people worldwide, including the 550 employees that work at Musselwhite Mine.
Our values unify our culture. From the top down, across our operations, we’re invested in our people. When you work with us, you’re part of a growing community of skilled, thoughtful professionals committed to pioneering advances in modern, sustainable mining. We are seeking your experience for the following position:
We are seeking a dedicated Electrical Supervisor to join our Maintenance Department, reporting directly to the Site Electrical Coordinator.
• Manage the implementation of standards, targets, policies and plans to ensure continuing and increasing operational efficiency, effectiveness and profitability.
• Responsible for the daily operations of the Electrical Department including preventative maintenance, repair and underground construction installations.
• Surface construction project support, as assigned through the Electrical Coordinator.
• Provide direction and support to all staff members and contracted service personnel through morning line-up meetings, daily visitation to work in progress, and regular feedback regarding work performance.
• Collaborate with the Electrical Planner to ensure consensus on resources required to execute planned work for underground construction.
• Ensure compliance with the OESC and M-421 for all installations.
• Work in conjunction with the Site Electrical Coordinator to ensure compliance to all site safety standards including licensing credential requirements.
• Execution of short, medium and long-term services to ensure technical standards, specifications and quality assurance systems.
• Ensure personnel development through varied job assignments, training, and employee involvement.
• Provide timely, accurate and well-communicated shift reports and summaries for cross-shift and turnaround needs.
• Must possess a secondary school graduation diploma - college diploma or degree preferred.
• Certification as a Construction and Maintenance Electrician in the province of Ontario.
• Working knowledge of electrical transmission and distribution systems up to 115KV.
• Working knowledge of electrical process and control systems.
• Practical knowledge application of the OESC, CSA, M-421, IEEE, OH&SA, OBC, OFC, NFPA 70E&70B,
CSA Z462 and other codes and standards applicable to electrical installations, safety and maintenance.
• 5 years of progressive electrical maintenance experience, within mining preferred.
• 2-5 years of experience in a leadership capacity, proven supervisory experience is desired.
• Strong desire to develop leadership competencies and business acumen.
• Ability to frequently reach below and at-shoulder level.
• Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Excellent communication skills (oral, written, listening).
• Strong commitment to safety.
The schedule for this position is 12-hour shifts, 14 days on and 14 days off. Successful candidate must be from the Thunder Bay area or willing to relocate.
As an equal opportunity employer, Goldcorp is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
How to Apply
Applications close on October 18, 2018. Please enter Job Number MUS00001894 to submit your online application (www.goldcorp.com/careers). At this time, we are not accepting candidates referr