Musselwhite Mine is a fly-in, fly-out underground gold mine located approximately 500km North of Thunder Bay, on the southern shore of Opapimiskan Lake. Musselwhite has produced over four million ounces of gold since its first commercial production in April of 1997. The company employs more than 15,000 people worldwide, including the 550 employees that work at Musselwhite Mine.
Our values unify our culture. From the top down, across our operations, we’re invested in our people. When you work with us, you’re part of a growing community of skilled, thoughtful professionals committed to pioneering advances in modern, sustainable mining. We are seeking your experience for the following position:
Core Technician (1 Year Temporary Contract)
Reporting to the Logistics Supervisor, the primary responsibilites of the Core Technician are …
• Moving and organizing diamond drill core
• Working with oriented drill core
• Geological sampling and data entry
• Geotechnical measurements
• Minimum Grade 12 high school diploma or equivalent
• 1-5 years of relevant experience in exploration
• Strong organizational and computer skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to frequently lift, carry and push 35 kg
• Ability to frequently reach below and at-shoulder level
• Strong commitment to working in a safe, socially responsible manner
• Experience working in a culturally diverse environment an asset
The work schedule for this position is 14 days on, 14 days off, working 12 hour days. Successful candidate must be from the Thunder Bay area or be willing to relocate.
Goldcorp. Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
How to Apply
Applications close on October 18, 2018. Please enter Job Number MUS00001901 to submit your online application (www.goldcorp.com/careers). Internal candidates must contact your local HR department regarding the internal application process. At this time, we are not accepting candidates referred by recruitment agencies.