Musselwhite Mine is a fly-in, fly-out underground gold mine located approximately 500km North of Thunder Bay, on the southern shore of Opapimiskan Lake. Musselwhite has produced over five million ounces of gold since its first commercial production in April of 1997. The company employs more than 15,000 people worldwide, including the 550 employees that work at Musselwhite Mine.
Our values unify our culture. From the top down, across our operations, we’re invested in our people. When you work with us, you’re part of a growing community of skilled, thoughtful professionals committed to pioneering advances in modern, sustainable mining. We are seeking your experience for the following position:
The Maintenance department’s goals are to continue fostering a safe and efficient work environment, minimize downtime and ensure optimum equipment effectiveness through proactive maintenance practices. We are seeking a motivated Millwright to join our Maintenance Team. Reporting to the Stationary Maintenance Team Leader, the primary responsibilities of the Certified Millwright include…
• Carry out preventive, predictive, and corrective maintenance activities throughout the Mill and Crushing circuits both on surface and underground. Tasks include laser alignment, component rebuild & replacement, welding, fabrication, bearing assembly and setting of clearance, contamination control and asset lubrication
• Ensure work is carried out in a safe and efficient manner and provide input directed at improving the safety, efficiency and overall effectiveness of the Maintenance and Reliability department
• Provide input to Maintenance and Reliability improvement initiatives
• Participate in all aspects of maintenance shutdowns
• The candidate must be a Certified Journeyperson-Millwright, with a current CWB welding ticket, or ability to gain CWB certification within one year of hire date
• Minimum of three (3) years of experience in an ore processing environment associated with crushing, grinding, gravity concentration, dewatering, leach/CIP, stripping, conveying and refining
• Ability to lift, carry and push 100 lbs. with assistance
• Ability to constantly reach below, above and at-shoulder height
• Ability to work at-heights and also in confined spaces
• Strong commitment to working in a safe, socially responsible manner
• Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills, desktop computing literacy
• The candidate must be a self-directed team player, with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and demonstrate strong attention to detail
The work schedule for this position is 14 on, 14 days off, working 12-hour days. Successful candidate must be from the Thunder Bay area or be willing to relocate.
As an equal opportunity employer, Goldcorp is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
How to Apply
Applications close on December 19, 2018. Please enter Job Number MUS00001916 to submit your online application (www.goldcorp.com/careers). At this time, we are not accepting candidates referred by recruitment agencies.