Musselwhite Mine is a fly-in, fly-out underground gold mine located approximately 500km North of Thunder Bay, on the southern shore of Opapimiskan Lake. Musselwhite has produced over five million ounces of gold since its first commercial production in April of 1997. The company employs more than 15,000 people worldwide, including the 550 employees that work at Musselwhite Mine.
If you are willing to contribute your initiative and commitment, and use your exceptional communication and interpersonal skills to be part of a creative and motivated team of outstanding performers, we are seeking your experience for the following position:
We are seeking a reliable, Rock Mechanics Professional with a positive attitude to join our dedicated team. This position reports directly to the Senior Engineer. The successful candidate will have a high focus on safety in all aspects of the job.
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
• Adhere to safety best practices as outlined by department and site policies and procedures
• Ability to design instrumentation system for ground monitoring purposes
• Collection and analysis of data relating to strength, stability and stress regime of rock mass
• Review and recommend stope sizes, shapes and sequencing, with significant input to the production forecast
• Conduct ground control inspections throughout mine workings to ensure stability
• Update, calibrate, maintain and analyze the stress model of the mine
• Review and update ground control policies as required
• Liaise with operations and make ground support recommendations
The ideal candidate will possess the following education, experience and competencies:
• Must possess either a Mining Engineering Degree or related Engineering Degree
• 2 - 5 years of relevant experience
• An ability to be a team player and to work within a changing environment
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Willingness and capability to work in and adapt to a fast paced production oriented setting
• A strong commitment to working in a safe, socially responsible manner
• Ability to work within a diverse mix of cultures and a dynamic environment
• Proficiency in Deswik, Vulcan, Map3D, and Phases/Dips is preferred
The schedule for this position is 14 days on and 14 days off, 12 hours per day.
Goldcorp. Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
How to Apply
Applications close on April 19, 2019. Please enter Job Number MUS00001928 to submit your online application (www.goldcorp.com/careers). At this time, we are not accepting candidates referred by recruitment agencies.