Newmont Goldcorp is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont Goldcorp is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont Goldcorp was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
Musselwhite Mine is currently seeking an energetic Survey Technician to join our dedicated Geology team. Reporting directly to the Geology Supervisor, the successful candidate will be responsible for undertaking all aspects of survey for the Geology team, and will have a high focus on safety and environmental protection in all areas of the job.
• Surface and underground downhole surveys with Maxibor and Gyro survey tools
• Use of electronic total station instruments and data collectors
• Surface surveying with differential GPS systems
• Data entry
• Assist with geotechnical work
• Preferred candidate will have a diploma in surveying or similar
• Relevant survey experience and a working knowledge of diamond drills
• Computer skills with Microsoft Office required
• Knowledge of Acquire software an asset
• Strong organizational and communication skills, able to work independently
• Ability to frequently lift, carry and push 35 kg
• Ability to frequently reach below and at-shoulder level
• Underground experience an asset
• Strong commitment to working in a safe, socially responsible manner
• Experience working in a culturally diverse environment an asset
The work schedule for the position is 14 days on, and 14 days off, working 12 hour days. Successful candidate must be from the Thunder Bay area or be willing to relocate.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont Goldcorp is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
How to Apply
Applications close on July 26, 2019. Please enter Job Number MUS00001944 to submit your online application (www.goldcorp.com/careers). At this time, we are not accepting candidates referred by recruitment agencies