Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
Certified Heavy Duty Mechanic
The goals of the Maintenance Department are to continue fostering a safe and efficient work environment, minimize downtime and ensure optimum equipment effectiveness through proactive maintenance practices. We are seeking a motivated Certified Heavy Duty Mechanic to join our Maintenance Team. This position will report to the Mobile Maintenance Team Leaders.
• Safely and efficiently perform maintenance activities to preserve the condition of the Heavy Equipment fleet in all areas of the mine
• Troubleshooting, cleaning, lubricating, adjusting, inspecting, repairing, component replacement & rebuild, welding, fabrication and low voltage electrical repairs of heavy equipment
• Participate in maintenance and reliability improvement projects and teams
• Certified Journeyperson Mechanic
• Minimum of five (5) years experience in an industrial setting
• Ability to lift, carry, push and pull up to 55 lbs.
• Ability to constantly reach above and at-shoulder level
• Ability to constantly work in a stooping/crouching position
• Excellent interpersonal, listening and communication skills
• Ability to work in an underground environment
• Ability to perform in a self-directed manner within a fast paced, team environment
• Experience in a mining environment is an asset
• Welding certification or experience is an asset
The work schedule for this position is 14 on, 14 days off, working 12-hour days.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
How to Apply
Applications close on January 23, 2020. Please enter Job Number MUS00001948 to submit your online application (www.goldcorp.referrals.selectminds.com/). At this time, we are not accepting candidates referred by recruitment agencies.