Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
Certified Instrumentation Technicians (2)
The goals of the Maintenance Department are to continue fostering a safe and efficient work environment, minimize downtime and ensure optimum equipment effectiveness through proactive maintenance practices. We are seeking a motivated Certified Instrumentation Technician to join our Electrical Team. This position will report to the Electrical Team Leaders.
• Provide maintenance support to all process control systems and equipment on surface and underground
• Development and maintenance of PLC programming in conjunction with the electrical staff and external contract support
• Minimize downtime and ensure optimum equipment effectiveness through quality installation and proactive maintenance practices
• Provide input to maintenance and reliability improvement initiatives as well as new project process control design reviews
• Provide installation support to the various construction initiatives on surface and underground within your area of expertise
• Provide process control installation, maintenance and repair support to mill operations, underground operations and all surface facilities
• Actively participate in all aspects of maintenance shutdowns, including the planning and execution of the work
• Foster a safe and efficient work environment ensuring that you and your teammates’ work is carried out in a safe and effective manner
• Provide input directed at increasing the safety, efficiency and overall effectiveness of service delivery
• Certificate of Qualification – Industrial Instrumentation Technician in the Province of Ontario
• Post secondary Instrumentation Technician/Technology Diploma from an accredited institution
• Active membership or affiliation with a professional organization. (SMRP, OACETT, CSA, IEEE)
• 5 years experience working in a heavy industrial environment with a preference toward mining
• Advanced computer literacy with programming capabilities
• Demonstrate competency with the requirements set forth in the Ontario Electrical Safety Code, the M421-00 Use of Electricity in Mines Standard and CAN-CSA Z462
• Demonstrated leadership qualities through experience and training
• Ability to lift, carry and push 25lbs
• Demonstrate a serious commitment to both safety and environmental protection
• Be a team player, interact positively with people and to work within a changing environment
• Strong oral and written communication skills, ability to work well in a team environment
The work schedule for this position is 14 on, 14 days off, working 12-hour days.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
How to Apply
Applications close on January 23, 2020. Please enter Job Number MUS00001949 to submit your online application (www.goldcorp.referrals.selectminds.com/). At this time, we are not accepting candidates referred by recruitment agencies.