Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
Electrical Reliability Technician
• Predictive maintenance for critical electrical equipment
• Operating testing equipment for commissioning & troubleshooting
• Documentation control for site equipment & single line drawings
• Assisting and overseeing OEM contractors for preventive maintenance
The ideal candidate will possess the following education, experience and compentencies
• Certified Journeyperson in good standing, or completed secondary education with diploma or degree in engineering or technical field
• Minimum of three (3) years experience in a mining environment: mobile equipment, ore processing crushing, grinding, gravity concentration, dewatering, leach/CIP, stripping, conveying and refining
• Desktop computer literacy in AutoCAD and Excel
• Strong troubleshooting abilities
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong commitment to working in a safe, socially-responsible manner
• Self-directed team player with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
The work schedule for this position is 14 days on 14 days off, working 12 hour days.
How to Apply
Applications close on January 20, 2021. Please enter Requisition ID 3545 to submit your online application (jobs.newmont.com/). At this time, we are not accepting candidates referred by recruitment agencies.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.