Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
We are looking for students who want to gain valuable mine site experience through an eight (8) month placement.
• Assist Ventilation Technicians in conducting ventilation surveys and determining ventilation requirements
• Assist Mine Planners in producing development, stoping and drill and blast designs following engineering best practices and standards
• Gain exposure in underground Mine Survey techniques and assist in cavity monitor surveys of the workings.
• Co-op eligible student heading into their 3rd or 4th year of an Engineering Program
• Experience with Microsoft Office applications
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
The work schedule for this position is 14 on, 14 days off, working 12-hour days.
The work term is 8 months (May– December) with a possibility of extension to 8 months (September 2022).
The work schedule for this position is 14 days on, 14 days off, working 12-hour days.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.