Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
Reporting to the Maintenance Superintendent, we are seeking a strong individual to provide leadership and guidance to a diverse group of Mobile, Hoist, Site Services and Reliability Professionals and Technicians in support of optimizing equipment and technical skills within the Department. The incumbent must have the ability to adapt in a fast moving environment and while constantly keeping the group focused on safe production.
- Demonstrate growth in the areas of people, safety, production, margins, partnerships, and reserves, to support the departmental strategy and personal objectives
- Provide direction and support in developing goals and objectives for direct-reports and providing regular feedback on performance (mid-year and annual reviews)
- Develop and maintain a succession plan for each team member to ensure growth opportunities, coverage for absenteeism and training. Plan for future/anticipated specialized manpower requirements
- Sustain a work environment based on employee involvement, continuous improvement, and an atmosphere of trust and mutual respect
- Provide visible leadership and adherence to all site safety and environmental standards
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of machinery and best practices in Maintenance. Make recommendations on updating, and improving machinery, advise on purchasing new machinery, and ensure that new machinery is installed correctly and working at its maximum efficiency
- Coordinate, prepare and submit working costs and capital budgets and analyze and review budgets monthly
- Participate in the development and communication of short, medium and long-term Maintenance plans and budgets
- Provide departmental leadership in the communication and acceptance of the Newmont Maintenance Management Strategy
- Bachelor Degree preferred, but will consider a college or secondary school diploma with extensive experience and certificates
- Minimum 5-7 years of Maintenance leadership experience
- CMRP, MMP, Accreditation desirable
- Thorough understanding of preventive and predictive Maintenance technologies (vibration, oil, infrared, ultrasonic analysis)
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative environment at all levels (customer, co-workers, superiors)
- Strong commitment to seeking efficiencies and process improvements
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to provide constructive feedback
- Strong organizational and advanced computer skills (MS Word, Excel, SAP, Project, CMMS)
- Strong commitment to working in a safe, socially responsible manner
The work schedule for this position is 14 days on, 14 days off, working 12-hour days.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.