Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
The Superintendent surface operations is part of the Surface Operations team. Reporting to the Process and Maintenance Director, he/she supervises the operational and maintenance activities of the ore processing facilities and surface infrastructures. The Superintendent surface operations adheres to the company's principles by adopting management oriented to sustainable development. The Superintendent surface operations promotes Newmont's values by using the standards dictated by the company and applies the key principles of operational excellence and the rules of the organization's code of conduct.
- Plan, organize, lead and control the activities of the surface operations sector
- Establish and oversee the achievement of his/her department's objectives
- Supervise his/her team composed of general foreperson and engineers
- Support his/her team in the resolution of problems related to the challenges of production and personnel management
- Participate in preparation of the department's budget and monitor the costs
- Deploy and track key performance indicators (KPI)
- Track the asset management plan and participate in optimization of the sector's equipment
- Manage his/her sector's activities according to the allocated budget
- Participate in the review of event investigations and develop action plans
- Ensure all activities run smoothly and procedures are respected
- Align his/her management strategies with the company's visions
- Work with his/her Process, Metallurgy, Surface Services and Maintenance colleagues to ensure cohesion in each sector's activities in order to achieve the common objectives.
- Support and evaluate his/her subordinates and plan their professional development
- Respect, know and promote company regulations and policies, particularly with regard to health and safety.
- Perform all other tasks related to the performance of the duties of the position.
- Diploma of College Studies or university degree in ore processing, mining engineering, civil engineering, mechanical engineering, chemical engineering or the equivalent.
- Five (5) to ten (10) years' experience in a management position in the ore processing sector or another industrial field.
- Knowledge of the SAP system - an advantage
- Knowledge of information technology: Microsoft Office site, PI datalink
- Bilingualism (mandatory)
- Leadership and strategic vision
- Partnership and teamwork in a multicultural environment
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Ability to manage and develop employees
- Good priority management
Interested persons must send us their résumés via the corporate website at www.newmont.com no later than June 24th, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.