Children’s Centre Thunder Bay works together with families, caregivers and a community of
partners to make a real difference in the quality of life of children and youth. We are an
accredited, not-for-profit organization providing treatment and support services for children and
youth, from birth to 18 years, who are experiencing behavioural, emotional, developmental or
social difficulties. The Centre is currently seeking to fill the following position:
(ONE) FULL TIME CULTURAL COORDINATOR
Union Position - 35 hours weekly
Salary: $45,972 - $55,933
The Cultural Co-ordinator carries out duties as a member of a multi-disciplinary team within the
New Experiences Program and agency as required. Responsibilities include the development
and implementation of groups, the provision of addiction and mental health services to
individuals and families, and consultation to youth/families, co-workers and other agencies. The
Cultural Coordinator is required to work with diverse populations and work towards the inclusion
of minority groups This worker will incorporate Anishnabek traditions and values in all aspects of
group, family, individual and consultation work with clients and agencies.
The Cultural Coordinator position requires:
· A degree/diploma in Native Family Services or Aboriginal Studies from a recognized and
accredited university/college or a degree/diploma in Social Work and/or Child and Youth
· Three to five years experience working with Aboriginal youth and their families in the
children’s mental health, addictions or related field of practice.
· A license from appropriate professional college.
· Knowledge and experience in working with tradition healing practices
· Knowledge of the range of theories and experience in working with families and children
who require addictions and mental health services
· A valid Ontario Driver's Licence
· The ability to communicate in Ojibway, Oji-Cree and/or Cree
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a resume to:
Tanya MacLeod, CHRL, Manager, Human Resources
by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications accepted until position is filled.