OPTIONS NORTHWEST Personal Support Services is a community-based, non-profit, charitable organization dedicated to respecting the right of people to live life their way. Through personalized OPTIONS, we collaborate with people and community partners to develop and offer creative personal and clinical services for individuals.
This position will require:
• degree/diploma from a recognized college or university in Business Administration/Finance
• minimum of three years’ experience at a management level
• proven work experience includes successfully engaging, leading and managing people, optimal critical incident decision making, effectively developing and controlling multiple budgets, as well as policy development
• experience within the non-profit government funded sector is preferred
• previous experience with all aspects of accounting
• knowledge of information systems
• a knowledge and understanding of legislation critical to the role, including the Services and Supports to Promote the Social Inclusion of Persons with Developmental Disabilities Act, 2008, and the Quality Assurance Measures (Regulation 299/10), and the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act
• a general knowledge of trends for supporting persons with disabilities
• effective leadership, communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
• strong relationship building skills and public relations skills are an asset
• the ability to work independently, work flexible hours coupled with a strong commitment to the organization and needs of the department is imperative
• current certification in First Aid with CPR and Health and Safety Certification (or a willingness to obtain) and a commitment to ongoing learning and development
• suitable computer skills, including knowledge of and experience with accounting software, Microsoft Office products and other information systems
• a valid Ontario driver’s license and use of own vehicle and carry and use a mobile device
• an acceptable vulnerable sector police records check is also a requirement upon offer of employment
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Manager Financial Services shall be accountable as a management representative, supporting the overall strategic direction of the organization. The Manager, Financial Services is responsible for a portfolio that includes but not limited to creatively responding to the needs of the sector and people within the sector requiring services from OPTIONS through the direction, management and efficient operation of all aspects of Finance management including: financial reporting and budgeting (including managing the budget process on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis), year-end preparations, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash receipt and banking, purchasing, management information systems, website maintenance, asset inventory, and community initiatives (including Individualized Funding, Passport Funding), as well as, participation in and presentations at Board Meetings as requested. The Manager shall be accountable to operate in accordance with an approved budget and ensure that services are provided in accordance with OPTIONS NORTHWEST policies, procedures and Ministry guidelines and directives as well as the Services and Supports to Promote the Social Inclusion of Persons with Developmental Disabilities Act, 2008 and the Quality Assurance Measures along with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and any other relevant legislation. As a strong advocate for individuals and families, the Manager shall have a strong belief in and demonstrate performance for the agency vision, mission and philosophy. Experience related to understanding, managing and providing direction during challenging, high stress or crisis situations together with effective oral and written communication skills is required.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a cover letter, detailed resume and agency application form, including copies of any current First Aid with CPR certificate, by 4:00 p.m. Monday, June 21, 2021 to:
OPTIONS NORTHWEST - HUMAN RESOURCES
95 NORTH CUMBERLAND STREET, THUNDER BAY, ON P7A 4M1
PHONE: (807) 344-4994 FAX: (807) 343-4587
OPTIONS NORTHWEST is committed to providing accommodations, on request, throughout the interview and employment process, and if accommodation is required, we will work with applicants to meet their needs. We wish to thank all applicants who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.