Positions Available: 1
June 12, 2018
June 22, 2018
Projected Start Date:
July 2, 2018
Salary / Rate of Pay:
Days of Work
Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri
Monday to Friday, occasionally Saturdays
Hours of Work
July 2nd to Sept 1st
The following are requirements for this position:
1) Student - must be returning to school in September;
2) Enjoy working in a food service environment;
3) Follow Safe Food Handling best practices;
4) Able to lift boxes and tubs, stand for long periods of time;
5) Work safely and able to work within a team setting;
6) Provide own waterproof shoes or boots.
This is a full-time position for a STUDENT who is returning to school in September. Starting date is July 3rd for an 8 week period.
You will be learning the basics of value-added meat processing, providing assistance to our Smokehouse Operator in all areas of production.
Duties will include:
1) Assist in cutting and trimming of meat products;
2) Cutting steaks and roasts;
3) Breaking down and cleaning up meat processing equipment;
4) Washing meat bins and tubs, processing areas;
5) Assist in loading and unloading of meat orders.
We prefer to hire somebody who has a passion for meat and meat processing, and who would like to use this position as a stepping stone to a career at Bay Meats Butcher Shop or in the meat processing industry. If you would like to learn how to cut roasts and steaks, create sausages and meatballs and learn the trade, we would like to speak with you!
Deliver resumes in person to:
YES Employment Services
1116 Waterford Street
Thunder Bay, ON