Many of the students attending Dennis Franklin Cromarty (DFC Highschool) are arriving from Reserves and their families don't have the extra money to buy them much needed school supplies. St. Paul's Children's Ministries is hosting a Christmas Backpack Project to help out our First Nation brothers and sisters get the school and everyday items they need.
Want to take part?
Start with a good quality backpack, something that will last for a few years. Then add...
- pencils and sharpener, pens, markers, highlighter, pencil crayons
- 12 inch ruler, calculator, single-subject notebooks, weekly planner
- 3 ringed binder, binder paper (blank and lined), tabbed dividers
- glue stick, scissors, clear tape - USB Flash Drive, water bottle
- gum, hard candy - socks, mitts/gloves
- feminine hygiene products (for girl backpack)
- hair brush, elastics, clips, deodorant (light/no scent)
- toothbrush, paste, floss
- perhaps a small Christmas present (gift card to timmies/a&w etc)
Our goal is to make 100 backpacks; half with feminine supplies, half with masculine supplies.
Don't have time to make up your own backpack? We are also accepting supplies or financial donations to use toward making backpacks.
Consider making this a family mission or challenge your coworkers to meet or beat what you do!
Backpacks and supplies can be dropped off at St. Paul's.
Contact Laurie for more details. 707-3048