Wesdome Gold Mines has had over 30 years of continuous gold mining operations in Canada. The Company is 100% Canadian focused with a pipeline of projects in various stages of development.
The Company’s strategy is to build Canada’s next intermediate gold producer, producing 200,000+ ounces from two mines in Ontario and Quebec. The Eagle River Complex in Wawa, Ontario is currently producing gold the Eagle River Underground Mine. Wesdome is actively exploring its brownfields asset, the Kiena Complex in Val d’Or, Quebec.
The Kiena Complex is a fully permitted former mine with a 930-metre shaft and 2,000 tonne-per-day mill. The Company trades on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol “WDO”.
• The Welder is responsible for doing the maintenance of the milling operation equipment.
• Reports to Lead hand and Mill General Foreman
• Ensuring compliance with health and safety and environmental regulations and policies is of primary importance with this position.
• Performing repairs and doing preventative maintenance by following job procedures and using accepted industry practices is a necessary part of this position.
• Following maintenance directives from the Lead hand.
• Planning jobs in the most efficient and cost-effective manner are important duties of this position.
RESPONSIBILITIES/JOB DUTIES PERFORMED
• Complete specific work orders, providing sufficient detail for co-workers to acknowledge work completion and/or equipment issues.
• Provide mechanical expertise and apply advanced analytical and trouble shooting skills to assist operations, maintenance, and technical personnel in identifying and solving day to day equipment problems.
• Comfortable working at heights
• Motivated and able working in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
• Job tasks may be physically demanding, must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Safely operate specific equipment including man lifts and forklifts overhead cranes.
• Assist in the commissioning of new installations and modifications.
• Performing assemblies / fabricating new designs
• Analyze maintenance procedures and make recommendations to improve effectiveness.
• Identify, develop, and implement continuous improvement opportunities.
• Ensure that safety issues are reported to the lead hand or supervisor.
• Promote a positive health, safety and environment culture and the Internal Responsibility System.
• Return completed work orders to the Lead hand Millwright.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Ontario provincial or inter-provincial (Red Seal) Welder trade certificate.
• 2 years related experience in an industrial/mining setting.
• Additional certification as a Welder with the ability to interpret blueprints is an asset.
• Experience in computer-based maintenance systems
• Demonstrated commitment to safe working practices.
• Experience working at a remote work site is an asset.
• Competitive Salary
• Extended Health & Dental Benefit
• Long-Term Disability Insurance Benefit
• Group Benefit Package
• Training and Learning Opportunities
• Camp Accommodation and Home-Made Meals
• (NOT Fly In, Fly Out)
• 12-hour shifts
• 7 days on 7 days off
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position.
However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Wesdome prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer committed to responsible mining practices and building a diverse and inclusive workforce. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or Aboriginal status. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (the “Act”), Wesdome is committed to hosting and maintaining an accessible environment.