Wesdome Gold Mines has had over 30 years of continuous gold mining operations in Canada. The Company is 100% Canadian focused with a pipeline of projects in various stages of development. The Company’s strategy is to build Canada’s next intermediate gold producer, producing 200,000+ ounces from two mines in Ontario and Quebec. The Eagle River Complex in Wawa, Ontario is currently producing gold the Eagle River Underground Mine. Wesdome is actively exploring its brownfields asset, the Kiena Complex in Val d’Or, Quebec. The Kiena Complex is a fully permitted former mine with a 930-metre shaft and 2,000 tonne-per-day mill. The Company trades on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol “WDO”.
Reporting to the Eagle River Mine Chief Engineer or Superintendent, the successful candidate will be part of the Technical Services Department and must be reliable. Candidate is expected to work well as a member of a team to ensure a safe and productive workplace.
The successful candidate will possess at least 3 years of experience in a related field, a Mine Engineering Technician or Civil/Construction Technician diploma or higher, Common Core modules, and a valid “G” driver’s license. Candidate must also be able to work alone in adverse conditions, communicate well, and maintain a strong and consistent emphasis on safely.
Duties and responsibilities include, but is not limited to:
• Conduct all work in compliance with the Occupational Health & Safety Act, Regulations for Mines and Mining Plants and all other applicable government standards and regulations.
• Day to day underground surveys (topo, heading alignment, stope CMS, check survey, raises, drone lidar…)
• Providing updated layouts to the Mining department
• Maintain and update the Survey Control Database
• Month-end survey for bonus
• Lay out reference lines and rings as required for longhole production drilling
• Survey collars and breakthroughs on production drilling for quality control
• Survey diamond drill holes
• Assist and perform underground check surveys and be available as a backup surveyor to cover for vacations, absenteeism, etc.
• Maintain and update the 3D modelling as required
• Commit to proper pre-operational check and safe operation of any equipment required for the job
• Be proficient in AutoCad, Promine, Deswik, Microsoft Office Suite.
• Have a fundamental knowledge of working mine drawings and layouts
• Experience in surveying practices and with surveying equipment is necessary
• Ideal candidate would have underground mine experience, but it is not a requirement
• Camp position, working a 14/14 rotation, 11 hours, dayshifts (possibility of nightshifts being required occasionally)
• Competitive salary and career advancement opportunities
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Wesdome prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer committed to responsible mining practices and building a diverse and inclusive workforce. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or Aboriginal status. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (the “Act”), Wesdome is committed to hosting and maintaining an accessible environment.