Do you want to support the early development of toddler and preschool children within an inclusive childcare environment? THRIVE has a position for you.
THRIVE Child Development Centre/Centre de développement de l’enfant is an incorporated, non-profit Children’s Treatment Centre providing inter-disciplinary pediatric rehabilitation, respite care, and resource support to community childcare centres in Sault Ste. Marie and throughout the District of Algoma. We also offer an inclusive, educational, and developmentally appropriate on-site Preschool program. H.S. McLellan Preschool is a non-profit program licensed by the Ministry of Education under the Ontario Child Care and Early Years Act. Visit www.kidsthrive.ca for more information.
We are looking for Supply Preschool Educator’s interested in joining us to work as part of a team, assist in the day-to-day operations, and share responsibility for the children enrolled at our onsite preschool program. This position is on an on-call, as needed basis. Within this role you will assist with planning and implementing programs in accordance with curriculum objectives, developmentally appropriate practice and program philosophy; support individual support plans, and maintain a safe, routine based and organized environment. We believe in the power of teamwork and partnership, and achieving excellence through innovation, curiosity and optimism. In addition to our fun and collaborative working environment, we also offer: a competitive salary, vacation pay, and participation in a defined benefit pension plan (Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan HOOPP).
What we need from you:
• A diploma or equivalent in Early Childhood Education (as established by Association of Early Childhood Educators of Ontario – AECEO)
• Be a member in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators.
• Certificate in Food Handling Practices is an asset
• Experience working with children with special needs is an asset
• Possess strong communication, collaboration and independent skills.
• Current CPR/First Aid Certification is required.
• Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination is required.
• Willing to work flexible hours.
• The ability to communicate in both official languages in an asset.
• Satisfactory criminal background checks (CPIC).
If you are interested in joining an amazing team of professionals to creating a future of possibilities for children, submit your resume and cover letter. Visit our career page (https://kidsthrive.bamboohr.com/jobs/) to submit your application.
Everyone is welcome — as an inclusive workplace, we are committed to creating positive and welcoming space within our organization, for our clients, families, volunteers, staff, and community partners.
All applications are appreciated; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. THRIVE Child Development Centre is an equal opportunity employer, and provides accommodations for applicants with disabilities upon request. THRIVE’s requirement that employees be fully vaccinated is subject to any accommodation obligations it may have under the Human Rights Code.