If you are seeking a dynamic and challenging role in supporting the development of children and youth with a variety of physical, developmental and communicative challenges, THRIVE has a position for you. Using a family-centred, strengths-based approach, our experienced and dedicated professional staff provide a range of assessment, intervention and community-based services building on the child’s unique strengths, gifts and talents so that they and their families can truly THRIVE!
THRIVE Child Development Centre/Centre de développement de l’enfant is an incorporated, non-profit Children’s Treatment Centre made up of occupational therapists, physiotherapists, speech-language pathologists, social workers, therapy assistants, early childhood educators, ABA Therapists and support staff. We provide inter-disciplinary pediatric rehabilitation, respite care, an on-site childcare program and resource support to community childcare centres in Sault Ste. Marie and throughout the District of Algoma. Visit www.kidsthrive.ca for more information.
We are looking for one full-time permanent Occupational Therapist. This position supports children & youth in Sault Ste. Marie and surrounding areas throughout the District of Algoma. The position will be located out of one of THRIVE’s offices in Sault Ste. Marie, with travel to the district, but alternative options will be considered.
We believe in the power of teamwork and partnership, and achieving excellence through innovation, curiosity and optimism. In addition to our fun and collaborative working environment, we also offer: a competitive salary, group insurance and dental/ health benefits after three months, a flexible schedule, generous paid time off options (including winter break office closure), professional development and growth opportunities, and participation in a defined benefit pension plan (Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan - HOOPP).
What we need from you:
• A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy
• Eligible for membership in the College of Occupational Therapy of Ontario
• Experience in pediatric rehabilitation an asset
• Self-motivated and able to work independently, balanced with working collaboratively within a team.
• Ability to problem-solve, develop strategies and course of action to follow.
• Competency in using various computer tools such as MS Word, Outlook, Excel.
• Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle is required.
• Current CPR/First Aid Certification is required.
• Satisfactory criminal background check and vulnerable sector screen (CPIC)
• Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination is required.
• Willing to work flexible hours and to travel across the District of Algoma.
• The ability to communicate in both official languages in an asset.
Mentorship/Supervision is available.
We are located in Northeastern Ontario with our home office in beautiful Sault Ste. Marie. If you enjoy big city life with a small town feel and love the outdoors, the Soo is the place for you. Check out what the Soo has to offer at https://welcometossm.com/live/. Eligibility for a moving allowance will be considered.
If you are interested in joining an amazing team of professionals to creating a future of possibilities for children, submit your resume and cover letter by visiting our career page.
Everyone is welcome — as an inclusive workplace, we are committed to creating positive and welcoming space within our organization, for our clients, families, volunteers, staff, and community partners.
All applications are appreciated; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. THRIVE Child Development Centre is an equal opportunity employer, and provides accommodations for applicants with disabilities upon request. THRIVE’s requirement that employees be fully vaccinated is subject to any accommodation obligations it may have under the Human Rights Code.